What’s better than cheesecake for breakfast? NOTHING! You’re going to love this Strawberry Protein Shake because it tastes exactly like strawberry cheesecake. This protein powder smoothie recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients: frozen strawberries, bananas, vanilla protein powder, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
Protein + Shake = LOVE
Talk about one tasty protein shake recipe. I mean, just look at how gorgeous that baby is. We love protein smoothies at Fit Foodie HQ and we’re so excited about this Strawberry Protein Shake recipe because it’s delicious and super simple to make.
Best Protein Powder for Smoothies
We get asked all the time how to fit in enough protein into our diet and protein powder is such a great way to sneak it in without even trying. The great thing about this strawberry protein shake recipe is that you can use any kind of protein powder you like.
For example plant-based, whey, pea, etc! We actually did an entire protein powder review last year, but in case you haven’t seen it, here is, in our opinion, the best protein powder for smoothies:
- Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein
- Sun Warrior Protein Blend
- SFH Prue Whey Protein
- Tera’s Whey Protein
If you asked us what kind of protein powder we prefer for this recipe, we’d say one of the whey proteins. That’s what gives this protein shake a cheesecake-like texture and flavor. Now that you know about our favorite protein powders for smoothies it’s time to get your protein shake on!
How to Make a Strawberry Protein Shake
Whether you call this a strawberry protein shake or a strawberry protein smoothie, this recipe is super simple and tastes exactly like cheesecake. You can thank the combination protein powder and Greek yogurt for that…creamy and thick.
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen bananas
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla protein powder (strawberry or plain, works too!)
- Unsweetened almond milk
As always, make sure you use a high-speed blender for your protein powder smoothie recipes. The key is blending everything super well so that there are no lumps or bumps.
If you are a protein smoothie lover like me, check out some of our other popular protein shake recipes here:
More Protein Shake Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Date Protein Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Cold Brew Protein Smoothie
- Post-Workout Strawberry Coconut Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Smoothie
Other Refreshing Smoothies
- Classic Strawberry Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Minty Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Protein Shake
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk as needed depending on preference.