Peanut butter and banana is a fan favorite when it comes to flavor combos. That’s why this peanut butter banana smoothie is a show-stopping smoothie recipe you need to make! We kept this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe simple with just 6 total ingredients! Keep reading to get the recipe and dig in!
Whether you just worked out or are looking for a delicious breakfast smoothie to make, I just know you’re going to fall head over heels for this peanut butter banana smoothie of ours. Growing up, I ate a lot of peanut butter and banana sandwiches and then when I discovered smoothies, it became a staple flavor for me! It’s just something about the sweet flavor of bananas mixed with the salty flavor of peanut butter. SO GOOD.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
The thing that is so glorious about his peanut butter banana smoothie recipe is that you literally just throw all of your ingredients into a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Bananas: You can buy frozen bananas at most grocery stores, but if you can’t find them. No worries! You can make your own at home for super cheap.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is a great addition to all smoothies because it packed with protein and has a slightly tangy flavor. Feel free to use any kind of Greek yogurt such as plain or vanilla.
- Flax seeds: Ground flax is where it’s at when it comes to smoothies because they’re easier to digest that way!
- Almond Milk: This peanut butter banana smoothie recipe calls for unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of milk or liquid will work!
- Vanilla Extract: Don’t have vanilla extract on hand? No worries! You can just nix it :D
- Peanut Butter: We love using all-natural peanut butter in our smoothies because it’s creamy and has no additives. Our favorite brands include 365 and Smuckers.
Before you blend away in your blender, you can also add in some delicious add-ins to increase nutrition and/or add more flavor. Here are some suggestions:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Protein Powder: check out our favorite ones HERE.
- Kale or Spinach
This is one of those smoothies that is best eaten thick and with a spoon. Oh, and with toppings galore. There’s nothing wrong with a handful of mini chocolate chips and a drizzle of fresh peanut butter.
More Banana Smoothies
- Peanut Butter Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Cold Brew Protein Smoothie
- The Best Breakfast Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Peanut butter and banana is a fan favorite when it comes to flavor combos. That’s why this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe is a show-stopping smoothie recipe you need to make! We kept this peanut butter and banana smoothie simple with just 6 total ingredients! Keep reading to get the recipe and dig in!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 21
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 12