Check out 100+ healthy smoothie recipes and learn how to make your own unique healthy smoothies at home with our basic fruit smoothie recipe.
Say hello to the most beautiful smoothie recipes on the internet! Smoothies are such a great healthy breakfast idea and, speaking from experience, dinner idea too! That’s right, it’s my go-to when I don’t have anything to eat.
Smoothies are all about finding that perfect ratio of fruit to liquid. That’s why you’ll see in our basic smoothie recipe, we have about 1 cup of liquid to 2 cups of frozen fruit.
PS: Check out our best Protein Shake Recipes, too!
Smoothie Bowl Recipes
3 easy smoothie bowl recipes that come together in less than 10 minutes. Choose from: strawberry smoothie bowl, green smoothie bowl, or peanut butter banana smoothie bowl.
What goes in a smoothie recipe?
One unique thing about our smoothie recipes, is that we do not use ice. Instead, we use a 2:1 ratio of frozen fruit to liquid.
- 2 cups frozen fruit (banana, strawberries, mixed berry, pineapple, tropical blend, etc.)
- 1 cup liquid (orange juice, almond milk, coconut water, coconut milk, water)
We say 2:1 with a grain of salt because everyone has their own preference. Some people like to drink smoothies with a straw and others like it thick enough to be eaten with a spoon. So, start with 1 cup of liquid and add more as you wish.
In addition to the 2:1 ratio of fruit to liquid, you can also add other ingredients such as protein powder, greens, Greek yogurt, seeds, etc.
Best Blender for Smoothies
We have a Vitamix and it runs you about $350 on Amazon. I do not have a single bad thing to say about this beast. It’s super powerful, easy to clean, and it makes making smoothies along with other things a breeze. I can tell you right now that this is the best blender I have ever owned and there’s no turning back.
If you’re looking for something a bit smaller and the perfect size for smoothies, we recommend the Beast Blender. We actually just got it a few months ago and it works like a charm and is much cheaper than the Vitamix.
Smoothie Toppings Ideas
Don’t forget about the toppings. If you’re anything like me, you don’t skimp when it comes to toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Homemade peanut butter
- Homemade granola
- nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashews
- seeds: flax or chia
- fresh fruit: berries, banana slices, etc.
- Greek yogurt
What are the best things to put in a smoothie?
Start off with frozen fruit and then add a liquid 2:1, frozen fruit to liquid. From there, add your favorite flavors such as peanut butter, protein powder, and greens.
Are smoothies good for weight loss?
Smoothies are a great way to get a lot of nutrition very easily. Pack in the greens, frozen fruit, and even frozen veggies into your smoothies!
Do smoothies need yogurt?
You do not have to use yogurt in order to make a delicious smoothie recipe.
How do you make a good smoothie?
A good smoothie starts with a ratio of 2:1 frozen fruit to liquid. From there, other delicious ingredients such as Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and protein powder are added for flavor and nutrition.
How to Make a Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen fruit (bananas, berries, watermelon, etc.)
- 1 cup liquid almond milk, orange juice, water, etc.
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or any kind of yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground seeds flax or chia
- 1/4 cup protein powder whey, plant-based, soy, etc.
- handful of greens spinach, kale, etc.
- Place frozen fruit, liquid, and any optional add-ins into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a little bit more liquid depending on how thick you like your smoothie.
- Serve immediately and top with your favorite toppings.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information was calculated with 2 cups of frozen mixed berries and 1 cup of unsweetened plain almond milk.
More Healthy Smoothies
Here are some of my favorite Fit Foodie Finds healthy smoothie recipes as well as the best of the best from around the web! Enjoy.
- Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- Triple Berry Protein Smoothie
- Banana Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter
- Pumpkin Berry Smoothie
- Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- Best Pumpkin Smoothie
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- The Best Breakfast Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate Date Protein Smoothie
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie
- Banana Smoothie
- Pomegranate Green Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Cold-Busting Smoothie
- PB and J Protein Smoothie
- Apple Smoothie
- Pineapple Upside Down Strawberry Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Blueberry Date Smoothie Bowls
- Mango Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- ALL Smoothie Recipes