Start your day off with this Banana Matcha Smoothie for a nutrient-packed healthy breakfast. It is the perfect combination of sweet bananas with earthy matcha as well as delicious greens that are rich in iron. Trust us, you will be alert and satisfied all morning long!
When it comes to staying alert and energetic all day long, Team Fit Foodie is all about it! We love to start our day off with a workout to get the day moving, a healthy breakfast, and a good poop. We have also relay and absolutely love coffee in the morning. However, we are always looking to switch things up when it comes to caffeine. We dabble in chai tea lattes, iced tea, and MATCHA!
First off, what is matcha? Matcha is green tea that has been specifically grown and processed into matcha and the highest quality matcha comes from Japan. Yes, the good stuff tends to range from $24-$30 for a small amount, but matcha powder is worth it if you can afford it. It is especially worth it if you are looking for a coffee-substitute for your morning. People say that matcha gives them a calmer caffeine boost than coffee. With that in mind, we set off to make a delicious smoothie that could double as our caffeine fix in the morning!
SMOOTHIES. We love a classic strawberry banana smoothie at Fit Foodie HQ, but we also like to mix things up. When we were developing this recipe, we wanted to balance the earthiness of matcha with something sweet. The answer was simple, frozen bananas. This smoothie is packed with bananas for sweetness, spinach for nutrients, matcha for caffeine, flax for fiber, and almond milk to smooth it all together! It sounds so simple, but this creamy matcha smoothie recipe is going to blow your mind!
Common Questions About Matcha Powder
- Why is Matcha powder good for you? What are matcha benefits? Matcha is made from high-quality tea so it is rich in quality nutrients. It is full of antioxidants, catechin, and is known to boost metabolism. It is also a great coffee replacement, as it contains natural caffeine!
- Is Matcha powder and green tea powder the same? Yes!
- Which Matcha Powder is best? There are many different brands to choose from when purchases matcha powder. There are high-quality brands and lower quality brands. You want to make sure to check the country of origin and that the matcha you buy is a very bright green. You will also know if your matcha is good if it is sweet and easy to drink. Bitter-tasting matcha usually means it’s lower quality. Just remember to do your research!
- 1 cup banana slices, frozen
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (we use THIS ONE from Matcha Reserve)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 2 teaspoons flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more if needed)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 203 Sugar: 18 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 6 Protein: 4
Keywords: Green smoothie