This tropical spinach smoothie is packed with greens, tropical fruit, and other simple ingredients. Blend everything together until it is thick and creamy. It makes the perfect healthy breakfast.
Healthy Spinach Smoothie
There is no reason to drink a spinach smoothie that actually tastes like spinach, people. Make yourself a delicious healthy smoothie and enjoy it by blending up this tropical spinach smoothie.
Blending up delicious frozen fruit with spinach really does blend up a thick and creamy smoothie that has no signs of spinach other than the green color!
Why make a spinach smoothie?
- You get a full serving of veggies when you blend up this green smoothie.
- Spinach smoothies are a great breakfast.
- This tropical green smoothie recipe is packed with vitamin c and nutrients!
- It is easy to make this spinach smoothie for yourself or the whole family!
Ingredients You Need
Here are the simple ingredients that you need for this tropical spinach smoothie along with some substitution options!
- Tropical blend frozen fruit: a tropical fruit blend is both delicious and helps to cover the taste of spinach in any smoothie! Our tropical blend had mango, pineapple, banana & peaches. Feel free to use your favorite fruit blend or freeze fresh fruit for later!
- Fresh spinach: We pack 2 cups of fresh spinach into this smoothie! Feel free to use 10oz. of frozen spinach in your smoothie. However, we prefer fresh spinach!
- Plain Greek yogurt: the Greek yogurt in this recipe adds both protein and a delicious tart flavor to the spinach smoothie! You can use any type of yogurt that you would like!
- Orange juice: you need some kind of liquid to blend up with your smoothie. Orange juice adds a tartness and compliments the tropical flavors of this smoothie. If you don’t have orange juice, use almond milk (or your favorite milk).
Do you want to add protein to this tropical spinach smoothie? Go for it! Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder (about 1/4 cup) to this smoothie recipe.
If you’re looking for a new protein powder check out our guide to protein powders for inspiration!
our top 3 protein powders
What Type of Blender Works Best?
Before you blend everything together, be sure that you have a high speed blender. Why? Because a high speed blender can really break down all ingredients and create a thick and creamy consistency!
You know you have a high powered blender if all of your ingredients blend well together and there aren’t a ton of spinach fragments in your smoothie.
Looking to upgrade your blender? Check out our favorite u003ca href=u0022https://rstyle.me/+MawyBo_J0smyQgaxdwtFDAu0022u003eVitamix Blenderu003c/au003e. It’s our favorite high-speed blender perfect for making smoothies, soups, and nut butter.
How to Make a Spinach Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in your smoothie! We like to be sure that the liquid is on the bottom of the blender!
- Blend everything together on high. You may need to stir everything together a few times if you don’t have a high powered blender. If that doesn’t do the trick, add a little more orange juice at a time to help get things moving in the blender.
- Serve! Pour your tropical green smoothie into two glasses and top with fresh fruit, chia seeds, granola, or just drink it as is!
Spinach Smoothie Q&A
Yes, spinach smoothies are healthy. You get so many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Yes, we prefer raw fresh spinach in smoothies. However, frozen spinach works too!
No, you can’t taste the spinach in this tropical spinach smoothie!
We love to top our tropical spinach smoothie with homemade healthy granola. Feel free to top this smoothie with your favorite granola or fresh berries.
We do not use ice in our smoothies. We tend to use frozen fruit instead of ice!
If you don’t mind that your smoothie isn’t very very cold, you can leave a smoothie in the fridge over night. It tends to develop a green foam on top from the spinach, but give it a stir and drink it down!
You can also keep this smoothie in the refrigerator overnight and blend it up again with 1/2 cup of frozen tropical fruit to thicken it up.
You can freeze a smoothie in a covered glass jar or in ice cube trays.
- If you use ice cube trays, just place the ice cubes in the blender with orange juice and blend until smooth.
- If you freeze the smoothie in a glass, let it thaw and enjoy. Or, once thawed, pour the smoothie into the blender and blend with orange juice until smooth.
Tropical Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups tropical blend frozen fruit ours had mango, pineapple, banana & peaches
- 2 cups fresh spinach packed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a little more orange juice depending on how thick/thin you like your smoothies.
What suggestions do you have so this doesn’t have as many carbs? I’m trying to reduce my sugar intake and this definitely has a lot of carbs.
I prefer taking quick breakfasts early in the morning as I run short of time each day. Smoothies are quick and nutritious breakfasts, so I throw all the things in the blender and get a smoothie in seconds. I like this tropical green smoothie recipe but its carbohydrate content is high for me as I’m on the keto diet. Can you tell me what to do to reduce its carbs?
The SAME story is so inspiring, thanks for sharing!!
We need more people in this world like them!
I would love to do food accessibility volunteering… the past few weeks I’ve been thinking a lot about food and where it comes from, how people get it, etc…
Where are you from? We have lots of amazing programs here in the Twin Cities! I could hook you up if you are from Minnesota 😀
Seriously, Lee..those photos! I would hang those on my friggin wall!!
LOLOLOLOL I can give you one in print. Signed, too!
Your photos are amazing- teach me lol! That video was really touching. More restaurants should be like that!
Seriously! Anything like that up in the UP?!
looks delicious!! pinned 😀
Great idea to freeze the juice for the smoothie! This looks yummy!
OH YUM!!!! (pinned)
OH HOW HAD I NOT EVER THOUGHT ABOUT FREEEZING!!!!!!!
😀 Simple tricks!
YUM! pinned! looks great!
Thanks Linz, you da best!
I absolutely love the idea of the SAME Cafe, I’m super interested in finding out more about it — especially since it’s right where I live! AWESOME photos, btw. 🙂
The next time I am in Denver I am SO GOIMG. I’d even volunteer, I think it’s an incredible business!
these photos are stunning! & i love me some green machine – wouldn’t have thought to freeze them, thanks for the tip!
stunning presentation, Lee!!