This healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with protein and even has a full serving of greens in it. The best part is, it’s healthy and tastes exactly like a peanut butter cup!
A Perfect Meal in a Cup
One of the most important things I’ve learned in the past couple of years as an adult is how important it is to fuel your body. I used to be the kind of person who skipped breakfast. Sometimes it was because I didn’t want to work out and sometimes I just didn’t feel hungry.
Whether you are a person who skips breakfast or snacks on whatever you can find, you feel me. I try to fuel my body with food that is whole and delicious most of the time. It is all about moderation and I drink my fair share of wine, but when it comes to fueling my body I have really figured out the how and when!
Breakfast was my problem and I have solved that problem by eating a meal in a cup: SMOOTHIES. I love smoothies because you can throw a whole bunch of healthy ingredients into a blender and you’re good to go.
Are Smoothies Good For You?
The million dollar question: Are smoothies good for you? The answer is simple. It’s all about what you put into your smoothies that make them healthy, as well as when you eat them. As long as you are not adding sugar-filled juices or other processed ingredients, you can make a smoothie a healthy meal.
I love to make my smoothies a full meal by adding healthy, whole ingredients to my smoothies. I am talking about veggies, fruit, protein, and nut butter. Ingredients that will keep me full and satisfied as well as give me energy throughout the day!
Some of my favorite smoothie mix-ins are frozen bananas (like in our banana smoothie), frozen fruit mixes, almond milk, spinach, cauliflower, and cocoa powder. It is so fun to play with different ingredients to find a combination that tastes good to you!
The only thing I have to add is that I prefer that most of my smoothie ingredients are frozen with the exception of liquid and protein powder!
The Perfect Flavor Combination
Now, I don’t like to play favorites, but this healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is, in fact, one of our favorite smoothie flavors! It tastes just like a peanut butter cup but in smoothie form.
You get your veggies and the deliciousness of a peanut butter cup all in one! Here is why we love this chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
- Naturally sweetened- Say heck no to those sugar-packed juices and rely on the sweetness of the frozen fruit you use in smoothies. This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is sweetened solely with the frozen bananas used as the base.
- Veggie Packed- Add an extra serving of vegetables to your meal in a cup! This chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie is packed with spinach and guess what? You can’t even taste it!
- Pantry Staples- Smoothies are easy to mix together when you have all of the right ingredients in your pantry already. For this chocolate peanut butter smoothie, make sure you have cocoa powder, peanut butter, almond milk, and flaxseed on hand at all times!
Get mixing and make yourself this healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie!
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- 2 cups sliced frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- Remove frozen bananas from the freezer and place them into a high speed blender.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, slowly add a tablespoon of almond milk at a time until smoothie reaches desired consistency.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 331 Sugar: 23 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 16 Protein: 10
Keywords: Peanut Butter