This healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with protein and even has a full serving of greens in it. The best part is, it’s healthy and tastes exactly like a peanut butter cup!
I don’t know about you, but this is the most delicious-looking (and tasting!) smoothie I have ever seen. I thought I would mix two of my favorite foods, peanut butter and chocolate, together for a post-workout, high-protein smoothie.
Seriously though, you HAVE to make this smoothie. It’s like drinking a peanut butter cup…but healthy for you!
I actually made two different smoothie recipes and swirled them together to make sure you get some chocolate and peanut butter in every bite. Then I topped it with some vegan coconut whipped cream and an actual chunk of peanut butter cup.
What’s in each layer?
Peanut Butter Layer
- Peanut Flour OR Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Silk Vanilla Almond Milk, unsweetened
- Pinch of Salt
I love the addition of Silk Almond Milk to smoothie because it keeps things dairy free and makes them OOBER smooth. I usually buy the unsweetened variation because it goes perfectly with my banana-base smoothies.
The whipped cream on top…A necessity!
I decided to use peanut flour for this recipe to keep things lower fat and boost the protein powder. If you do not have peanut flour, feel free to use any kind of peanut butter (or nut butter for that matter).
And because the smoothie was actually peanut BUTTER-less, I added a little drizzle on top to finish off the perfection.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This peanut butter cup smoothie is packed with protein and even has a full serving of greens in it. The best part is, it’s healthy and tastes exactly like a peanut butter cup!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups sliced frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients for the peanut butter later into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter layer into the bottom of the glass.
- Next, add all ingredients for the chocolate layer into the blender (you don’t have to rinse out the blender from the previous layer) and blend until smooth.
- Pour chocolate layer over the peanut butter later and top with your favorite smoothie toppings!
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 16
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 8