This Triple Berry Smoothie is packed with clean ingredients and a whopping 12g of protein per serving.
Made with mixed berries, banana, protein powder, almond milk and chia seeds, this protein smoothie will start your day off right!
Good Morning Smoothie Lovers!
Anybody else love starting their day off with a healthy and protein-packed smoothie?! Even in the dead of winter, I still love a good smoothie in the morning. And this one is just the perfect combination of fruits, protein and milk. Let’s get into it:
How to Make a Triple Berry Smoothie
This smoothie will legit only take you 5 minutes to whip up. And you likely have most (if not all) of the 5 ingredients it calls for already on hand in your kitchen:
What You Need
- frozen mixed or triple berries (most grocery stores will have a variety of this already bagged together in the freezer section).
- frozen banana
- vanilla protein powder
- almond milk
- chia seeds
And all you have to do is combine these ingredients together in your high-speed blender and blend up til it’s smooth. So easy. So delicious.
Healthy Smoothie Tips
- Freeze Your Fruit: Cut up and freeze bananas in Stasher Bags, meal prep containers or Ziplocs so you have it on hand when you want to make a smoothie.
- Amp Up the Protein: Choose a protein powder with a clean label (HERE are some of our faves).
- Thicken It Up: Rolled oats and chia seeds are great ways to add nutrients and a little thickness to your smoothie.
- Blend to Perfection: Invest in a high quality blender (we LOVE our Vitamix).
guide to protein powder
Looking for the best protein powder to buy? Check out our Guide to Protein Powder where we share our top plant-based and whey protein powders.
What Protein Powder is Best for Smoothies?
Eeeeverybody has their opinion on protein powder. We talk a lot about our favorite protein powders in this Guide to the Best Protein Powder. However, taste buds, dietary restrictions, and definitions of “clean eating” are so different for everyone!
Personally, we love SFH Pure Whey Vanilla Protein Powder for whey protein and Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder for our vegan protein option. They taste great in smoothies and both have clean ingredient labels.
What Protein Powder Should I Use for This Smoothie? Great news is, ANY vanilla protein powder will work for this smoothie. You do you and use your favorite protein in this triple berry smoothie! We support you completely.
Don’t forget about the smoothie toppings. If you’re anything like us, you don’t skimp when it comes to toppings. Here are some of our favorites:
- Homemade peanut butter
- Homemade granola
- nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashews
- seeds: flax or chia
- fresh fruit: berries, banana slices, etc.
Can You Double This Smoothie?
Absolutely! If you have a large enough blender to accommodate more smoothie goodness, feel free to double or triple this berry smoothie recipe to feed a larger group.
- 1.5 cups frozen triple berry mix
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Option to add more almond milk by the ¼ cup depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothies.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 recipe Calories: 196 Sugar: 16 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 8 Protein: 12
Keywords: triple berry protein smoothie