Make a smoothie in under 60 seconds with my smoothie meal prep in a bag secret! You’ll have this Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie made in no time!
Want to know what I love?
Going to the store and finding ALL THE BERRIES on sale. I wait all dang year for this to happen and believe me, I don’t pass them up! Buy one get one free? I’ll take 10. JK, but seriously…this is the time to buy fresh berries and to freeze them for later in the year! I wrote an entire post on freezing berries, once. You can read it here. It’s so easy to do! Literally all you have to do is spread them on a baking sheet, pop them in the freezer, let them freeze, and transfer them into a freezer gallon-size bag. Boom chicka boom you are ready to make a smoothie!
I took my smoothie making to the next level and decided to make smoothie bags filled with all the ingredients for a strawberry banana green smoothie! Talk about genius.
All you need to do is throw together little baggies of frozen strawberries/bananas, fresh spinach, and chia seeds. Then, when you’re ready to blend, add some almond milk and if you’re feeling sassy…a scoop of your favorite protein powder. If you’re feeling citrusy, you can swap out the almond milk for orange juice.
Such an easy recipe, but HUGE time saver. I know you people love meal prep…so I hope this little trick saves you time and money!
Meal Prep: Strawberry Banana Green Smoothies (in a bag!)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
In the Bag
- 2 cups bananas, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, whole
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, evenly spread out 2 cups of sliced bananas, 2 cups of whole strawberries. Place in the freezer for about 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Next, take 4 quart-size freezer bags and write the date and Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie on the front. Add 1 cup of frozen fruit, a handful of spinach, and a teaspoon of chia seeds to each bag. Before sealing, make sure you squeeze as much air out as possible to prevent freezer burn. Seal and place in the freezer for later use.
- Once you’re ready to blend, just add about 1/2 to 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (depending on how thick you like your smoothies) and a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
*Nutrition information includes 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (specifically Designer Whey 100 calorie vanilla) and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 15
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 22
Happy Monday and HAPPY AUGUST. The countdown to Scandinavia is on…t minus 17 days!