Get your daily greens! This delicious Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl is packed with spinach, basil, flax, tropical fruit and coconut milk to give it the perfect consistency with no added sugars. Top with your favorite nuts and berries and enjoy this healthy green smoothie recipe today!
This green smoothie recipe is everything you’ve ever wanted: thick and creamy consistency packed with healthy greens, tropical fruit, flax and coconut milk all blended up, poured in a bowl and topped with your favorite smoothie bowl toppings. We’re whipping up one of these healthy smoothies right now! Who’s with us?!
If you’re looking to amp up the protein in this bad boy, feel free to add a scoop of your favorite kind of protein powder. Here are some of our faves, but any kind will work. Just note that you may need to add a bit more coconut milk depending on how thick you like your smoothie bowls. And if you’re making this healthy smoothie recipe to drink on the go, feel free to add a bit more coconut milk (starting by adding 1/4 cup at a time until you have your desired thickness) so you can drink this out of a glass or bottle.
Why We Put Spinach in Smoothies
We get asked all the time if can you taste spinach in smoothies, and we’re here to tell you: only if you want to! Spinach is good in smoothies for many reasons, but one of our faves is that you can mask the taste of it with flavorful fruits or nut butters, or you can add other greens for a more earthy smoothie taste. Either way, adding raw spinach in smoothies is an ideal way to get your daily greens in — we pack a whole cup of raw spinach into this green smoothie bowl. And many of the other green smoothie recipes on Fit Foodie Finds pack a cup or more of spinach as well.
Tips on How to Make a Smoothie Bowl
- Cut up and freeze fruit in Stasher Bags, meal prep containers or Ziplocs so you have it on hand when you want to make a healthy smoothie recipe
- Choose a protein powder with a clean label (HERE are some of our faves)
- Rolled oats are a great way to add nutrients and a little thickness to your smoothie bowl
- A little peanut butter goes a long way!
- Invest in a high quality blender (we LOVE our Vitamix)
- Top with your favorite nuts, seeds, berries or other fruit slices whether you’re drinking your smoothie out of a cup or eating it as a smoothie bowl
Best Smoothie Bowl Toppings
- Nut butters
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Sliced almonds
- Sliced bananas
- Sliced apples
What are your favorite healthy smoothie toppings? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Other Smoothie Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds
- The Best Green Smoothie Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Smoothie
- Tropical Pina Colada Smoothie
- Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Smoothie
- Refreshing Ginger Pineapple Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate Date Protein Smoothie
- Post Workout Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- ALL SMOOTHIES
Healthy Green Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup coconut milk any kind of coconut milk works
- 1 cup tropical frozen fruit
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup packed green spinach
- 3-4 medium basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Top with banana slices, blueberries, chia seeds, and slivered almonds.
It loos so yummy and full of flavor! A great breakfast or healthy snack. Bon appetit!
Thank you Emily!
I’ve been trying to include a smoothie in my daily routine since so long, never had an idea about what to put in there. Is this smoothie good for immunity or digestion?
I add banana and chia seeds to almost every smoothie recipe I make. This green smoothie seems so fun! 🙂
Hello. Absolute 5-star recipe. Really tasty and easy to make. I did it with fresh bananas and dried bananas – two totally different smoothies:) Tastes better with fresh bananas.
Thank you for the recipe. Wishing you all the best.
Can’t wait to make this!! What kind of coconut milk do you use? The canned thick coconut milk or coconut milk for dairy substitute milk? Hope my question makes sense!
That was exactly my question ..please answer
i like so very much
When I saw the picture of your green smoothie bowl I couldn’t wait to find out what you had in it. It looks good. The tropical fruit would be delish!
Btw I like your video.
Thank you thank you! Yes, I love Target’s new tropical fruit mixture! So good.
Would this be a meal for you when detoxing?
Hey Amy! Both Detoxing and normal eating 🙂
The vibrancy of this green smoothie bowl is simply wow!! <3
And I loved getting a peek behind the scenes on how you test/shoot a recipe, love learning these "tricks of the trade"! 😉
<3 we have so much fun on video days :)
This is such a beautiful smoothie bowl, love it Lee!!