Frozen fruit is the one thing Blake and I hoard in our freezer. We live in a 1200 square foot condo, so hoarding anything is quite difficult. But frozen fruit. WE GOT IT!
When in doubt, make a smoothie. Because smoothies make the world go round.
Like this Creamy Strawberry Chia Smoothie. It’s….
- Slightly tangy
- Packed with nutrition
Is it me or does anyone else actually crave a smoothie after a workout? Even when its -50 degrees out, I crave smoothies post gym.
Speaking of weather. Most think it’s cliche to talk about the weather, but growing up I wanted to be the weather man. Legitimately.
I secretly watch the weather channel all the time because I am obsessed with how it all works. Just think, 100 years ago radars didn’t exist. Um…every time there was a thunderstorm I’d probably go hide in my basement :D
Creamy Strawberry Chia Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup kefir or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- splash of vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender or Magic Bullet and blend until smooth! Let sit for a few minutes so that the chia seeds can do their magic (expand and get slimy). Enjoy!
I’m still in BC, Canada for a few more days and have taken the rest of the week off from scheduling blog posts! Hope you are all enjoying your week :D