This chocolate chip cookie dough smoothie tastes like a Dairy Queen cookie dough blizzard, but it’s made with simple and whole ingredients.
We use frozen bananas, cashew butter, maple syrup, and a couple of other ingredients to make a creamy and delicious smoothie.
Cookie Dough Smoothie- Tates Like a Blizzard!
Who doesn’t love cookie dough? Whether you are eating cookie dough off of a spoon or in mini bites from a Dairy Queen Blizzard, cookie dough makes everything better.
We are all about delicious smoothie recipes and this cookie dough smoothie recipe is our new favorite. This easy cookie dough smoothie recipe is made with simple ingredients and it actually tastes like cookie dough!
why we love this recipe!
- You can enjoy this smoothie as breakfast or dessert! The ingredients are healthy and whole so you won’t feel bad having it for breakfast.
- There are 7 grams of protein in each smoothie.
- It tastes like cookie dough but there are no raw eggs.
- You can add your own ingredients and toppings to make this smoothie recipe your own.
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Ingredients You Need
You only need 7 ingredients to make this tasty smoothie recipe. Below are the ingredients you need and then you can start blending!
- Banana- frozen banana is the base and key to making this cookie dough smoothie creamy and delicious.
- Almond milk– we love using almond milk because it is a neutral and creamy milk.
- Cashew butter– the combination of a few ingredients ingredients including cashew butter make this smoothie taste like cookie dough.
- Maple syrup– adding a bit of sweetness of a cookie dough flavor by adding a smidge of maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract– chocolate chip cookies and this cookie dough smoothie wouldn’t taste like cookie dough without vanilla extract.
- Salt– a pinch of salt enhances all the flavors of in this cookie dough smoothie.
- Mini chocolate chips– obviously, you can’t skip the chocolate chips.
What Makes this Smoothie Taste Like Cookie Dough?
There are three ingredients that really make this smoothie taste like chocolate chip cookie dough. There isn’t any processed sugar, raw eggs, or flour. Yay!
The three ingredients are maple syrup, cashew butter, and vanilla extract. Swapping any of these ingredients will change the taste of the smoothie.
Swaps & Add-ins
You can swap out the almond milk for oat milk, dairy milk, or any milk of your choice. Otherwise, try to stick to the ingredient list for the optimal cookie dough taste.
If you do want to jazz up this cookie dough smoothie recipe you can make it your own by adding ingredients to make it taste like a monster cookie dough smoothie (add peanut butter + m & ms) or even an oatmeal cookie dough smoothie (add oats)!
How to Make a Cookie Dough Smoothie
- Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender. Be sure the bananas are frozen or else you’ll end up with a banana juice.
- Blend all of the ingredients together (except for chocolate chips) until smooth. We suggest starting with less almond milk than called for so you don’t end up with a water-y smoothie. you can always add more as you go.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips to the blender and just pulse until combined.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Smoothie
- Place the banana, ½ cup of milk, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to a high speed blender and pulse until the ingredients are combined and blended.
- Add the rest of the almond milk to the blender if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips to the blender and pulse until the chocolate chips are broken up and combined.
- Enjoy with extra chocolate chips!
Tips & Notes
- The amount of almond milk you use determines how thick or thin you would like your smoothie. We like to start with ½ cup of milk to start and add more until it meets our desired consistency.
- It is important to use cashew butter and maple rather than using substitute ingredients. These ingredients give the smoothie it’s cookie dough flavor.