Your Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies dreams just came true. This paleo cookie recipe is one to bookmark because it’s crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These paleo almond flour chocolate chip cookies are actually the best cookie that has ever come out of the Fit Foodie kitchen. And, let me start by saying that we’ve had our fair share of great cookies on FFF — our Chocolate Protein Cookies are freaking delish with 10g protein per cookie, our Oatmeal Banana Cookies are made with just 4 ingredients, and we made a Healthy Monster Cookie that’s vegan!
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They’re made with whole ingredients such as almond flour, coconut sugar, and dark chocolate and topped off with sea salt for the perfect flavor.
How to Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
This an incredible batch of these almond flour cookies is quite simple. Start by gathering all of your ingredients. You’ll note that these ingredients are not only paleo, but gluten-free as well.
- all-natural almond butter – make sure that you use a drippy almond butter for this recipe as it is crucial for the consistency of the dough.
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar
- coconut flour
- super-fine ground almond flour – make sure that you use a fine ground almond flour for this recipe and not a coarse ground. We love THIS product by Bob’s Red Mill.
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips (or dairy free) – any kind of chocolate will work! Including…no chocolate at all.
- sea salt – don’t skip the sea salt, ppl! It 100% makes this recipe.
Once you gather your ingredients, simply mix it all in a large bowl and form it into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Slightly press them into a cookie shape and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for about 12 minutes. Remove them immediately from the hot pan and place them on a cooling rack. Generously sprinkle on some sea salt and enjoy!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Substitutions
Because the name of the game in home cooking is doing what works for you, here are some ingredient substitution recommendations!
- Nut butter: technically any *drippy* nut butter will work for this recipe, however, if you want to keep it paleo we suggest cashew butter as the alternative!
- Egg: we have NOT tested this recipe without an egg, but if you wish to test with a flax egg, let us know how it goes!
- Coconut flour: unfortunately there is no good substitution for coconut flour, so please don’t omit or sub for anything else!
- Almond flour: just like the coconut flour, there is no good substitution for the almond flour. It is the basis of this recipe, so we do not recommend omitting or subbing out another flour.
- Coconut sugar: another granular sugar such as brown sugar will work just fine in these cookies!
These cookies will last in an air-tight container on your countertop for up to 5 days, however, we highly recommend storing in your freezer for the freshest cookie any time.
More Almond Flour Cookies
- 1/2 cup drippy, all-natural almond butter*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond flour (we recommend THIS product by Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or dairy free)
- sea salt (for topping)
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix until combined. Your dough should be similar to classic cookie dough.
- Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your hands. Roll into a ball and slightly flatten in a cookie shape and place on the baking sheet. Repeat.
- Add additional chocolate chips (if you love chocolate) to the tops of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies have firmed up.
- Immediately transfer cookies from pan to a cooling rack and sprinkle on coarse sea salt for the final touch of goodness.
Tips & Notes
- In order for this recipe to work, the consistency of your almond butter must be drippy.
- Option to sub any other drippy nut butter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cookie Calories: 201 Sugar: 16 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 21 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: paleo chocolate chip cookies