These healthy monster cookies are made with 100% whole grains, all-natural peanut butter, and your favorite monster cookie add-ins. Best part? These are vegan cookies made with a flax egg to make them egg and dairy-free!
So these monster cookies are heaven. Soft, chocolaty, peanut butter heaven. This recipe is like a fusion between vegan chocolate chip cookies and vegan peanut butter cookies with a bunch of extra add-ins to make them spectacular.
They’re made with all of my favorite things, too.
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
Yup, peanut butter and chocolate…and oatmeal, too! You really can’t go wrong. Oh, and did I mention that these are vegan cookies? Yup! We used flax eggs instead of real eggs, which also makes these cookies extra soft and melt-in-your-mouth.
Other FFF Vegan Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Cowboy Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Healthy Monster Cookies
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup M&Ms vegan, if desired
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips vegan, if desired
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients (except for coconut oil).
- Then, slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well and then add melted coconut oil. Make sure all ingredients are mixed together.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Press ball between the palms of your hands forming a cookie shape (the dough will not spread much during baking). Then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 13-16 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- *Mix flax and water together and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. Consistency should be thick and gooey.
I wanted to chat about my sister’s wedding from last weekend.
All I have to say is- it was one of THE BEST WEEKENDS OF MY LIFE. It wasn’t even my wedding and it was magical. It was so great to have all of our friends and family in one place for an extended weekend. Shenanigans started Thursday morning and ended Tuesday morning and I loved every minute of it.
In a nutshell, here’s how I felt about the wedding…
The venue was beautiful. The weather was our friend. My sister looked like a bombshell. I danced like a maniac. The food was top notch. The bar was open. I danced like a maniac. A smile never left my face. I stayed up til 3AM (world record). My speech didn’t suck. I carried a selfie stick with me the entire night. I have the coolest parents on the planet. I’m super pumped to have Sister Boy officially part of the fam.
Check out some photos from the wedding. The bottom left photo goes to Michelle’s amazing photographer – Jody Savage Photography. I can’t wait until they’re all up!
How do you get vegan M&M’s?? M&M’s contain MILK!
There are a few different vegan M&M’s on the market!
Baking powder is listed twice. What should it be?
Thanks for catching this! Should just be on there once!
No M&M’s market are currently vegan!
These look great, so I’ll have to find an alternative.
You listed baking powder twice in your ingredients. I’m assuming one is supposed to be baking soda.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. Congratulations to your sister.
Ahhh yes! Updating that now 🙂
I don’t see baking soda listed-should that be included?
Ahhh you are correct! It should say 1/2 teaspoon! Fixing now.
Looks like you guys had an awesome time! So so fun. You all looked beautiful.
And these cookies? AMAZING. When I have more time on my hands my goal is to take my favorite cookie recipes and health-ify them! These look perfect.
The wedding pics are SO beautiful! Loved seeing them on FB and insta. And love the idea of a lightened up little bitta everything cookie!
AMAZING!!! You both look stunning. Congrats to your sis & hubby 🙂
Thanks Lex! You’re up next 😀
I DEFINITELY feel more satisfied when I eat 2-3 cookies as opposed to just 1…6-7 is even better 🙂
These look awesome, as do you and your sis! Looks like it was a wonderful wedding!
HAHAHA. 6-7…now we’re talkin.
You look so pretty, Lee! I’ve definitely got some hair envy going on over here…wish my hair could stay in curls! 🙂
My favorite cookie is oatmeal chocolate chip…so these look PERFECT! No weddings this summer, but I’ve got 3 on my calendar so far for next year.
AHHHH! Thanks. I did my own hair because I never like how it turns out when someone else does it 😛
Your dress is gorgeous(as are your cookies)! Weddings are the best. Open bar + dancing + celebrating people you love? YES, please.
These look AMAZE. My personal favorite is oatmeal raisin but I can definitely get down with a good monster cookie too!
And the wedding looks beautiful! <3
Ahhhhh oatmeal raisin <3 Can't go wrong!
Congrats to your sister! And funny, last weekend was MY sister’s wedding as well! 😀 We also had a blast and shed more than a few happy and emotional tears! 😉
Sister wedddddinggggg weekend! Love that. I teared up a bit at mine 😛
The photos of the wedding are wonderful – and you look sooo pretty in your dress!
I’ve never heard of monster cookies – ate the m&ms mandatory? 😉 I like Swedish oat cookies a lot, they’re hella sweet and buttery though but I guess that’s what makes them so good and addicting 😀
I have never had a Swedish Oat Cookie before! MUST MAKE.
This very pregnant woman may be giving her husband this recipe to make for her this weekend …
LOLZ. Cookies for everyone!