Looking for a healthy peanut butter blossom recipe? I made a few healthy modifications in a classic recipe to bring you the most delicious and easy grain-free peanut butter blossoms of the season!
Peanut buttttttttter cookies are my all time favorite! My mom is a genie when it comes to making pb cookies…ask anyone in my family! We make them all year round and around Christmas-time, we stick a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle for a little extra love.
Hey! One time…Davida and I filmed a video at her house making her famous Peanut Butter Cookies. So much love for pb cooks!
This recipe is kind of a mash-up of a few grain-free cookies I already have on Fit Foodie Finds: my Paleo Cashew Butter Cookies and my Grain-Free Protein Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re made with no refined-sugars, no gluten, no flour, and no oil! Technically if you switched the peanut butter for cashew or almond butter, you could call them paleo.
In my mind…they’re paleo.
They’ve got eggs in them and they need eggs in them. Lo siento vegans!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted (if you’re using salted, omit additional salt from recipe)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of teaspoon sea salt
- 20 dark chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mixed until combined.
- Then, add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out a HEAPING scoop of dough and roll between your palms. Place on cookie tray and press down flatting the cookie just a bit.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown on the sides.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a Hershey’s Kiss in the center of the cookie and sprinkle with some sea salt. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/20 Calories: 93 Sugar: 8 Fat: 3 Protein: 3
I hope you take a day out of this month and whip up like 16,000 holiday cookies because that’s what December is for! If I were you I’d make these, Healthy Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies, Easy Gluten-Free Biscotti, and Paleo Hot Cocoa Cookies. They’re all from the FFF archives and SO GOOD.