Looking for a healthy peanut butter blossom recipe? I made a few healthy modifications in a classic recipe to bring you the most delicious and easy grain-free peanut butter blossoms of the season!
Peanut buttttttttter cookies are my all time favorite! My mom is a genie when it comes to making pb cookies…ask anyone in my family! We make them all year round and around Christmas-time, we stick a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle for a little extra love.
Hey! One time…Davida and I filmed a video at her house making her famous Peanut Butter Cookies. So much love for pb cooks!
This recipe is kind of a mash-up of a few grain-free cookies I already have on Fit Foodie Finds: my Paleo Cashew Butter Cookies and my Grain-Free Protein Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re made with no refined-sugars, no gluten, no flour, and no oil! Technically if you switched the peanut butter for cashew or almond butter, you could call them paleo.
In my mind…they’re paleo.
They’ve got eggs in them and they need eggs in them. Lo siento vegans!
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter unsalted (if you're using salted, omit additional salt from recipe)
- 2 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of teaspoon sea salt
- 20 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a cookie sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mixed until combined.
- Then, add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out a HEAPING scoop of dough and roll between your palms. Place on cookie tray and press down flatting the cookie just a bit.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown on the sides.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a Hershey's Kiss in the center of the cookie and sprinkle with some sea salt. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
I hope you take a day out of this month and whip up like 16,000 holiday cookies because that’s what December is for! If I were you I’d make these, Healthy Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies, Easy Gluten-Free Biscotti, and Paleo Hot Cocoa Cookies. They’re all from the FFF archives and SO GOOD.
i really like your blog very informative and helpful me thanks for the info.
Sorry for the typo. Screen has pop-up ads that block my view.
Somewhere I went wrong because my cookies didn’t taste like peanut butter and they were tasteless as my husband lut I t. I used smuckers organic chunky peanut butter and followed the recipe.
Just made these for my neighbors and co-workers! 🙂
YAY!! You are the best neighbor/coworker EVER. Cookies for errrryone!
PB blossoms are my big bros FAVORITE! So when we saw each other on Thanksgiving, I made him a batch of totally healthifiyed (rebecca approved) ones and…he loved them!!! So proud 😉
I love pb blossoms and I can’t believe that you made these healthier! Mind=blown! Nobody will be able to tell! 😉
These are a favorite of mine but haven’t made a grain free version yet – and it’s been cookies galore over here too and loving it 🙂
I need these! I just completed a Whole30 and plan to stick to Paleo with the exception of my beloved peanut butter, so I’ll absolutely call these Paleo as well 🙂
🙂 If everyone does it….maybe they will just consider peanut butter as paleo.
I think I’m taking more like a week to make ALL the cookies. Next week shall be a good one 🙂
That’s what I’m talking bout! ALL THE COOKIES.