It’s Healthy Christmas Cookies Time
We started Christmas cookie testing a few months ago and I’m so excited about all of the delicious and healthy holiday cookie recipes we have coming to Fit Foodie Finds. From Chewy Ginger Cookies to a yummy Peanut Butter Blossoms, we’ve got something for everyone.
But first, here is a little list of healthy holiday baking staples that we like to have on hand every year for making Healthy Christmas Cookies!
Healthy Holiday Baking Staples
- white whole wheat flour
- superfine almond flour
- dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- coarse sea salt
- vanilla and almond extract
- all-natural nut butters (peanut, almond, and cashew)
- cocoa powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground ginger
Fav Christmas Cookies –> White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Made with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, these oatmeal cookies are so easy to make…and festive!
These cookies are a spin off of our famous 5-Star Healthy Oatmeal Cookies and we know you’ll love them just as much…maybe even more.
They’re made with whole grains (oats and white whole wheat flour) and are sweetened with a little brown sugar. They’re chewy, sweet, and so delish with a cup of of coffee!
White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies (+ More Healthy Christmas Cookies)
- white chocolate chips
- sea salt
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, cut cold butter into 1-tablespoon pads and place into a stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and then turn your stand mixer on to low/medium.
- Cream butter and sugar together until there are no more lumps of butter and the consistency is smooth. This should take around 5 minutes.
- While the butter is creaming, lightly pulverize rolled oats in a food processor. The goal here is to still have some chunks of oatmeal, but also have some oat flour. Then, transfer into a large bowl.
- Add white whole wheat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to the same large bowl and mix until combined.
- Once the butter has creamed, add egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium until combined. Make sure not to over mix!
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet and mix on medium until a dough has formed. You may need to stop to scrape the bottom of your mixer. The consistency should be a little bit sticky, but have the ability to form into a ball.
- Finally, add in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix one final time on medium to combine.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your hands. Roll into a ball and then slightly flatten between your palms. Place on a cookie sheet and repeat. 8 cookies should
- Optionally add a few more white chocolate chips to the tops of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-14 minutes.
- Once the bottoms are golden brown, remove from cookie sheet immediately and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Top with optional sea salt before serving.
And now, feast your eyes on 20 healthy Christmas cookies perfect for the holidays! Leave a comment letting us know what your favorite is!
Top 5 Healthy Christmas Cookies
Since we have way too many to choose from, we thought we’d make it easy for you and pick out our top 5 Healthy Christmas Cookies. Here they are!
These delicious hot cocoa cookies are made with almond butter, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar making them paleo and gluten free!
Made with peanut butter and protein powder, this buckeye recipe is a great healthy alternative to traditional buckeyes. Whip up a batch of these healthy buckeyes to share with family and friends this holiday season!
Add these Shortbread Almond Flour Cookies to the menu for your next get together! These shortbread cookies are buttery, gluten free, and easy to whip up in no time. Enjoy!
The most amazing soft ginger cookies with a crinkly outside and soft and chewy inside. You’ll never want to eat any other cookie again!
The most delicious iced oatmeal cookies perfect for any time of year. Bonus – these oatmeal cookies are lightened up with part whole wheat flour and coconut oil!
More Healthy Christmas Treats and Cookies
- Peppermint Pretzel Bars
- Healthy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Gluten Free Amond Biscotti
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
- Vegan Peppermint Patties
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Energy Balls
- Healthier M&M Cookies
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- White Chocolate Protein Thumbprints
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
- Double Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies