Whip out that slow cooker and pile in all of your favorite ingredients to make this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Bookmark these slow cooker soup recipes and be ready at a moment’s notice to whip up a batch of your favorite soup this winter! Whether it’s this chicken enchilada soup or our chicken tortilla soup or our traditional chicken noodle soup, it’s never been easier to make delicious slow cooker soup recipes.
Slow Cooker Soups 4ever
One of the first series I ever did on FFF was One Pot Sundays. Each Sunday during the fall and winter, I would post a meal that could be prepped in a single pot. Ie: Crockpot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats, Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake, and Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Chili.
I loved the series way back when, you loved the series way back when, so we decided to amp up one pot meals again this fall…just for you. And us. Duh.
My inspiration for this recipe actually comes from my good friend Abbie! We do dinners together often and the other week she made a very similar rendition to this Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Soup, except for hers was made on the stove top.
Abbie and I are alike in that when we are cooking for ourselves (or our families), we NEVER write anything down or measure. Add a little bit of this and a little bit of that and maybe some more of that and voila. Dinner is served!
I tell you, Abbie is one of the best non-measuring cooks I’ve ever met.
How to Make Quinoa Chicken Enchilada Soup
You pretty much throw all of the ingredients, RAW, into a big ol’ slow cooker and let it simmer. Seriously, it’s as easy as that. That’s one of the reasons why I love quinoa so much. It’s such an easy grain to throw into slow cooker soup or chili because it will for sure cook AND give the dish a boost of protein and texture.
Once the chicken is fully cooked (about 3 hours in on high) you remove it, shred it, and put it back in for a few more minutes of simmer time. This recipe is actually difficult to mess up. If you are looking for a healthier enchilada sauce, I recommend Frontera Foods because the ingredient list is pretty short. Or…you can make your own!
Enchilada Soup Toppings
We topped our enchilada soup with fresh sliced avocado and some shredded Colby jack cheese. Don’t forget the tortilla chips. I’ll take any excuse to eat tortilla chips with a meal 😛 Other great toppings include:
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded cheese
- Diced red onion
- Dollop of Greek yogurt
- Dollop of guacamole
More Soup Recipes
- Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- ALL Soup and Chili Recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast we used 2 large breasts
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 15-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can white northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water*
- 2 cups enchilada sauce we used Frontera Foods
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Place 2 large chicken breasts on the bottom of a large slow cooker. Then, place the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Turn slow cooker to high and let cook for 3 hours.
- Then, remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Place back in the slow cooker and let cook for an hour longer.
- Top with fresh avocado, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.