What’s better than a peanut butter cup? A peanut butter cup amped with extra protein! Make these delicious protein peanut butter cups with just a few ingredients!
Easy Protein Peanut Butter Cups
Need a little afternoon pick-me-up? Try our protein peanut butter cups! Made with peanut butter, dark chocolate, and protein powder, you won’t feel any guilt eating this protein dessert.
We love this recipe because it only requires 4 Ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Plus, you can keep an entire bag of these protein cups in your freezer for emergencies 😀
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
Protein Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients
You only need a few ingredients to make these puppies.
Don’t have protein powder on hand, but do have collagen peptides? Try swapping the two for an equally delicious dessert.
Nut butter: can’t do peanuts? Any kind of nut butter will work! Try:
- cashew butter
- almond butter
- sunflower butter
Chocolate: instead of dark chocolate chips, feel free to use a dark chocolate bar or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
We recommend storing your protein PB cups in the freezer. Will last up to 3 months.
Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Fill a mini muffin tin with muffin liners. Then, spray them with coconut oilicooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and protein powder together. Start with 2 tablespoons of protein powder and go up from there. The amount of protein powder depends on how drippy your peanut butter is to begin with.
- Next, separate the peanut butter and protein mixture into 12 marble-sized balls (~1 teaspoon), and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring every 45 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Then, place muffin tin into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Next, place one protein peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, carefully flattening the ball with your finger until it has a smooth top.
- Finally, add two more teaspoons of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter to each liner to complete your peanut butter cup
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
Tips & Notes
- Store these cups in the freezer in an air-tight container or gallon-size ziplock.
HEY. I was on tv talking all about CHICKEN and how I love cooking chicken in the crock-pot! You can watch FFF’s segment on The Jason Show HERE.