Have your healthy peanut butter cup and rice crispy treat too! These rice crispy peanut butter cups are made with just 5 simple ingredients and make for the perfect after dinner healthy treat.
IT’S HERE! Nut Butter Cup Week 2018 is finally here and we’re so excited to kick off this week of healthy nut butter cup recipes with one of our absolute favorites — Rice Crispy Peanut Butter Cups!
Nut Butter Cup Week 2018
If this is the first time you’re hearing about Nut Butter Cup Week, you’re in for a treat. Pun intended. For the next 6 days, we’ll be sharing a healthy nut butter cup recipe on Fit Foodie Finds along with giveaways galore on Instagram. If you’re not yet signed up for Nut Butter Cup Week emails, do it HERE! 1. You’ll be given early recipe access to each nut butter cup recipe before they go live AND 2. you’ll be entered in to win a $200 Amazon gift card + the ultimate nut butter cup survival pack. HELLS TO THE YES.
We’re clearly ecstatic you’re here because we know you guys love nut butter cups just as much as we do.
This particular recipe is one that we decided to test about 4 times just because we loved them so much. It’s not so much that the recipe needed tweaking, it’s just that these rice crispy peanut butter cups are the SHIT. When we first had the idea of nut butter cup week, we took it to Instagram for ideas and adding Rice Krispies was one that popped up a few times. Probably the most genius add-in you guys could have thought of so thank you for that!
For these delicious, crunchy peanut butter cups you need just a few ingredients. 5 main ones, that is!
What You Need
- 2/3 cup all-natural peanut butter, creamy (any nut butter will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (option to sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- sea salt (for topping)
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- First, line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Place peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and honey into a medium-size bowl and mix until combined.
- Then, add in rice crispy cereal and mix again.
- Using a tablespoon as your scoop, scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin liner. Repeat until you’ve evenly distributed into 12 liners.
- Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
- Prepare optional chocolate drizzle by placing chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds to a minute, or until melted. Stir until combined.
- Once the peanut butter cups have firmed up in the freezer, remove and drizzle with chocolate mixture and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace honey with maple syrup.
- Option to replace peanut butter with any other nut butter such as cashew or almond.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition information does not include chocolate drizzle.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cup Calories: 146 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 57 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 1 Protein: 3
Keywords: crunchy peanut butter cups