I was tasked to make a healthier Halloween candy for the Anytime Fitness Blog. Ohhh baby was I excited. I decided to go with a version of a peanut butter cup because my childhood favorite candy is a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Who’s isn’t?
I’ve made peanut butter cups before. They are extremely easy and only require a few ingredients. This time I threw in a seasonal flavor into the mix. PUNKIN. I think the dictionary should respell pumpkin to punkin. Agreed?
These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cups are made with dark chocolate, no refined sugars, and no added refined grains or fats. 3 ingredients. That’s it. AND the best part is…only 84 calories!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cups
Nutritional Information: Serving 1 peanut butter cup | 84 calories | 5.3g fat | 9g carbs | 8.3g sugar | 1.5g protein
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 cups
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- ¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- sea salt to taste
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and stir. Microwave for 20 seconds more and stir again. Repeat 2-3 times or until all chocolate is melted.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt ¼ cup of peanut butter (microwave for 25 seconds), then mix in the pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill 1/4 of the way with melted chocolate (note: this recipe makes 12-14). Place in freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Spoon a dime-sized blob of the peanut butter/pumpkin filling onto the chocolate and cover the filling with more melted chocolate, filling the liner about 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle sea salt on top (optional).
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, or until hardened.
- Enjoy (in moderation, of course).
Oh and don’t forget about my other CUP recipes 🙂