Make your own Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups with just 5 whole ingredients for a delicious, fall treat made in under 30 minutes. PS: store these chocolate pumpkin cups in the freezer for long-lasting dessert year round.
Ohhhhh yeah, it’s pumpkin season! Every year I swear it comes earlier and earlier and this year it’s here in August. Honestly, this isn’t my choice! I’m already starting to see some Halloween decor starting to pop up at Target…I’m just jumping on the early bandwagon.
You guys know we have a thing for nut butter cups. I mean, we did have a whole week dedicated to them on FFF. This pumpkin peanut butter cup recipe is a little bit different than our normal nut butter cups in that the filling is covered by a hard chocolate shell. I’m a-okay with this…if you are!
Okay, so, what do you need? Easy! Only 5 simple ingredients.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients
As always you can sway out any of the above ingredients to your liking. For example, you can use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet or almond butter instead of peanut butter! Just don’t swap anything for the pumpkin puree because that’s the star! Oh, and make sure you’re using 100% pumpkin puree with no added sugar or additives <3
Nut Butter Cup Recipes
- 4 cups dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- sea salt, to taste
- Place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and stir. Microwave for 20 seconds more and stir again. Repeat 2-3 times or until all chocolate is melted.
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt 1/3 cup of peanut butter (microwave for 25 seconds), then mix in the pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with cupcake liners and scoop in 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of the liners. Place in freezer for about 5 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Next, spoon 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter/pumpkin filling onto the chocolate and cover the filling with 1/2 tablespoon more of melted chocolate. Sprinkle sea salt.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes, or until hardened.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cup
Keywords: peanut butter cups, pumpkin peanut butter cups