You only need 5-ingredients to make this cinnamon french toast bake! It is the perfect french toast bake for brunch on the weekends and for a great meal prep breakfast throughout the week!
Grab your favorite cinnamon raisin bread, eggs, and almond milk and you’re all set!
French Toast Bake for Every Meal
What is better then a french toast bake? A french toast bake that only has five ingredients! We are big fans of french toast bakes here on Fit Foodie Finds. What’s not to love?
French toast bakes (or french toast casseroles) are amazing because…
- They are a one pan meal that makes breakfast or brunch an easy clean up.
- French toast bakes are the perfect meal to serve a crowd.
- You can make a french toast bake for a holiday meal. It is so easy to prep this meal before hand so you are ready before your guests arrive.
- French toast bakes are a great meal prep option for the week!
You Only Need 5 Ingredients
The best part of this delicious brunch dish is that you only need five ingredients! Just be sure that you use quality ingredients (because there are so few) and you will have an amazing dish to serve your people!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread- The cinnamon raisin bread is the star of this french toast bake! If you find yourself quality cinnamon raisin bread you will bring your french toast bake up from good to great!
Find cinnamon raisin bread that is fresh, full of plump raisins, and thick cinnamon swirls!
Eggs- Find the freshest eggs possible for your french toast bake and make sure you whisk the eggs until they are completely whisked together! There is nothing worse than an egg bake with thick clumps of egg whites!
Almond Milk- Feel free to use whatever milk you would like! We prefer unsweetened almond milk or oat milk for this specific recipe.
Cinnamon- Add to the flavor of this cinnamon french toast bake with a little more cinnamon!
Nutmeg- Nutmeg takes this casserole up a notch, don’t forget to add it in!
French Toast Bake 101
Why is my is baked french toast soggy?
If your french toast bake is soggy, you either haven’t baked it long enough or your bread:egg ratio is off! Try baking the french toast bake a bit longer covered with tin foil!
Can I add ingredients to my french toast bake?
Yes! Feel free to add mix-ins to this french toast bake when you mix all of your ingredients together! Here are some fun mix-in ideas!
- Sliced Almonds
- Sliced Bananas
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
Can I freeze my french toast casserole?
Yes, you can freeze your french toast casserole. Prepare and bake the french toast bake according to the recipe card. After your french toast bake has cooled completely, cover it with plastic wrap and the aluminum foil.
Place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to reheat the french toast bake, remove it from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and tin foil. Bake at 350ºF for 15-25 minutes.
Overnight French Toast Bake
Since many people love preparing overnight French toast bakes, I thought it would be a good idea to give that as an option! You can totally turn this recipe into an overnight French toast bake by following the recipe as is.
Scroll down to the recipe card and wait to do step #5 until the morning. When you’re ready to bake, take it out of the refrigerator and continue the recipe! The best part about letting the french toast bake sit in the refrigerator overnight is that it brings out all of the amazing flavors!
French Toast Bake Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake
- Maple Pecan Overnight French Toast Bake
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Learn How to Make It
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”WqPXW7Ax” upload-date=”2019-12-15T10:00:00.000Z” name=”Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole” description=”Cinnamon Rasin French Toast Casserole is an easy, crowd-pleasing breakfast recipe that serves a crowd! ” player-type=”static”]
Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9-inch x 12-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, slice cinnamon raisin bread into 1-inch squares. Then, place the squares on the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 8 large eggs. Then, add almond milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture on top of bread and use your hands to make sure all bread is full submerged.
- Use a wet paper towel to clean the sides and then cover with a piece of tin foil. Place in the oven and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes
- Remove tin foil and continue baking at 350ºF for 10-15 minute minutes or until fully cooked.
- Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup.