This Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is a delicious breakfast or brunch for any time of year.
This Instant Pot breakfast recipe is perfect for a college dorm room or if you don’t want to take up space in your oven.
Instant Pot French Toast
You can make a french toast casserole in the Instant Pot?! You bet your bippy you can! We are so excited about this Instant Pot French Toast Casserole. It has all of the characteristics of french toast with the delicious gooey texture and flavor of a cinnamon roll.
One thing I know for sure is that if I were a college student living in a dorm room this year, I’d FOR SURE buy an Instant Pot. No oven? No problem.
You can make this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole in the comfort of your dorm room. Brunch is served, people. Check out how we did it below!
Step 1: Bread + What Bowl to Use
The bread: First things first–> you can use whatever type of bread you would like to use for this recipe.
However, we recommend using sourdough bread. We love the chewiness of sourdough and really love the texture it takes in a breakfast bake.
If any of you have any Instant Pot accessories, now is the time to get out your Instant Pot cake pan. If you don’t have a cake pan, use a 7.5-8 inch glass bowl that is oven safe!
We used the 7.5-inch bowl from our favorite Crate and Barrel set. Grease your pan and place the metal trivet at the bottom of the Instant Pot as well as 1 cup of water.
Step 2: Mix Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
You want to grease your bowl and then place bread and walnuts into the bowl. Set aside while you make my favorite part of this recipe–> the ALMOND BUTTER CINNAMON DRIZZLE.
Mix all the ingredients for the drizzle into a bowl and drizzle it over the bread. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the french toast ingredients into a bowl.
Whisk together and pour egg mixture over the bread. Use a spatula to make sure everything is coated with egg mixture.
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Step 3: Set Your Instant Pot + Relax
Place Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole into the Instant Pot and cover. Turn the pressure valve to ‘seal’.
Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and wait for your cinnamon roll french toast bake.
Step 4: Quick Release and EAT.
When the timer goes off, quick-release pressure and remove the bowl from Instant Pot. Drizzle with maple syrup or nut butter and ENJOY!
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
Almond Butter Cinnamon Drizzle
- 4 tablespoons butter chilled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Spray a 7 - 8-inch glass bowl with coconut oil cooking spray. This is the bowl you will use to cook your French toast in. Set aside.
- Next, in a small bowl mix together all ingredients for the almond butter cinnamon drizzle. The consistency should be drippy and if it's not, add more melted coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Place half of the bread cubes and half of the walnuts into the glass bowl. Drizzle on half of the almond butter cinnamon drizzle over bread mixture. Add the rest of the bread cubes and sprinkle on the rest of the walnuts and cinnamon drizzle over the bread.
- Pour egg mixture over the entire thing and mix bread cubes with the egg mixture using a spatula. Then, sprinkle on the optional topping.
- Place metal Instant Pot trivet on the bottom of Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of water. Then, place French toast bowl on top of the trivet.
- Lock Instant Pot and turn pressure valve to seal. Press manual and turn to high pressure and cook for 25 minutes.
- Quick release and remove Instant Pot cover. Let cool and then serve with fruit and maple syrup.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition does not include optional topping.