Make your own cashew butter with just a few simple ingredients, a food processor and 10 minutes! Plus, we’ll walk you through how to make it creamy or crunchy in this cashew butter recipe. And best of all, no added sugar or other additives involved. Enjoy!
Calling all nut butter fans! Whether you love peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter (or all of the above!), we got you. Whip up one of our many nut butter recipes today and you’ll be enjoying that nutty taste all week long 😀
Cashew Butter is Everything
With a spoon, spread on a piece of bread, drizzled on banana….this cashew butter recipe is everything. Anyone else out there love the perfectly sweet creaminess of cashew butter?! We find ourselves gravitating toward cashew butter instead of peanut butter all the time in FFHQ. And because of that perfect natural sweetness, we decided to leave out any sort of sweetener. But you are more than welcome to add in some honey or maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit! And looking for other add-ins? Read on for more of our faves 😀
How to Make Cashew Butter
This cashew butter recipe is not complicated or time consuming! Seriously, it’s only 2 steps. So, get ready for the most delicious homemade cashew butter of your life, and say goodbye to spending $8+ on a jar of store-bought cashew butter.
Step 1: Food Process Those Cashews!
Place roasted cashews in a high-speed food processor and process on high for about 5-7 minutes stopping to scrape the sides every so often. The longer you process it, the drippier it will be. If you’re having a tough time getting your cashews to blend until smooth, consider adding in 1 or 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to reach your desired creaminess.
Looking to make this cashew butter recipe crunchy? Simply stir in 1/2 cup of chopped cashews into your creamy cashew butter, and voila! Crunchy cashew butter.
Step 2: Enjoy! And Save Some for Later
Store your cashew butter in an air-tight glass container for up to 3 months, but we’re betting it will be long gone by then, and you’ll be whipping up another batch.
Team Creamy or Team Crunchy?
I’m usually a smooth nut butter kind of girl, but this crunchy / creamy combo was a nice change up. Depending on how chunky you like your peanut butter, feel free to stir in 1/2 cup of chopped cashews to chunk it up a bit, or skip this step entirely to keep your cashew butter nice and creamy.
Cashew Butter Add-Ins
- Vanilla bean
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Lemon zest
- Sea salt
More Nut Butters
- Vanilla Bean Almond Butter
- How to Make Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cashew Butter
- Birthday Cake Cashew Butter
- Vanilla Cashew Butter
- 2 cups cashews, roasted and lightly salted
- 1–3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Place roasted cashews in a high-speed food processor and process on high for about 5-7 minutes stopping to scrape the sides every so often. The longer you process it, the drippier it will be.
- Store in an air-tight glass container for up to 3 months.
Tips & Notes
- Optional: add 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil if you are having trouble getting your cashew butter to the preferred consistency.
- Optional: stir in 1/2 cup chopped cashews to make this crunchy cashew butter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 tablespoons Calories: 180 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 4 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 1 Protein: 6
Keywords: cashew butter