Get festive with your homemade nut butter recipe and make this birthday cake cashew butter for your bestie’s next birthday (or your own)! It’s best eaten with a spoon.
Just popping in to tell you that I single handedly ate this entire batch of nut butter in less than a week in a half. It really doesn’t matter though, because today is my birthday and I can do what I want :P
Freals. I used to put sprinkles on EVERYTHING until I realized one day that they’re pure sugar. Now- I only eat them in moderation…like on my birthday (excessively).
So happy 25th birthday to me! I’ll make sure to eat enough Dairy Queen Cake for everyone :P
Rainbow sprinkles 4 life.
Cake Batter Cashew Butter
- 2 cups cashews, roasted and unsalted
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil*
- Place roasted cashews into a small food processor. Then, process for 5-7 minutes, or until your cashews have turned into a peanut buttery consistency. It might take longer depending on your cashews.
- Next, add in honey, salt, and vanilla and process for about a minute.
- At this point, your nut butter may seize up due to the hot/cold crossings. If this happens- add coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. Process until you get your desired drippy consistency. The total amount of processing will range, but can be as high as 12 minutes.
- Finally, add in rainbow sprinkles and pulse a few times, just to mix them in.
Because I’m selfish…to wish me a happy birthday you can pin this recipe #please and #thanks
Last thing before I go! A very verrrry Happy 21st birthday to my little bro-ski, Clay! He’s celebrating this big day in Sydney (where he’s studying abroad). Wish I could be with you to watch you take your first “legal” beer bong :D …not that he’s done one before, duh :P