These Blueberries and Cream Cashew Butter Cups are a healthy dessert for you and the whole family! They are made with all natural cashew butter and freeze-dried blueberries. These Cashew Butter Cups are ready in no-time and perfect for meal-prep for the week!
Day 6 of nut butter cup week is here. That means this is the last nut butter cup recipe of the week (sniff sniff). You bet we are ending this week with a BANG. These Blueberries and Cream Cashew Butter Cups are so freakin’ good and they are so fun to make! When Lee and I were testing this recipe, we knew we had to use freeze-dried blueberries. Freeze-dried blueberries are flavor-packed, easy to find, and just plain ‘ole fun.
Not only did we crunch the blueberries to make these cups blue, but we pulverized them in the food processor. We made a blue powder and folded it into our cashew butter cup batter. It was genius and I know I am a huge nerd for gigging out about this, but it is just so deliciously fun! AM I RIGHT?
Another reason I love this recipe so much is that my favorite nut butter is definitely cashew butter. It’s rich, creamy, and gives me a boost of protein when I need it. So far this week we have used cashew butter in our Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups and our Cake Batter Cashew Butter Cups. If you haven’t heard of our Cake Batter Cashew Butter Cups yet, they are one of my favorite recipes that you can only access if you sign up for our nut butter cup week email list. If you’re asking why would I sign up now since nut butter cup week is almost over.. Well, the answer is that if you sign up now, you still have a chance to win our GRAND PRIZE giveaway. So, SIGN UP HERE for a chance to win!
Back to these delicious Blueberries and Cream Cashew Butter Cups. They are ready in under 30-minutes and if you bring them to your next potluck for dessert, you’re going to make many new best friends! Enjoy!
Here is What You’ll Need
Blueberries and Cream Cashew Butter Cups
These Blueberries and Cream Cashew Butter Cups are sweet and savory! They are packed with protein and make a great snack or healthy dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Next, place freeze-dried blueberries into a food processor and blend until it turns into a powder.
- Place all-natural cashew butter, melted coconut oil, honey, 2/3 of the blueberry powder (you’ll use the rest later), and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter into muffin tin. You should get 12 cups.
- Sprinkle the top of the cashew butter cups with the rest of the freeze-dried blueberry powder and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer and freeze for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace honey with maple syrup
- Option to replace cashew butter with any other nut butter such as peanut or almond.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 12
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2