Why choose between a cashew butter cup and cake batter when you can have both! These amazing cake batter cashew butter cups are made with 5 healthy ingredients and taste exactly like cake batter — sprinkles and all! They are the perfect afternoon snack or sweet treat after dinner.
Nut Butter Cup Pantry Staples
You don’t need much to make delicious nut butter cups your next healthy dessert. Here are the staple kitchen essentials you’ll want to stock up on to make any of our nut butter cup recipes (find more of our nut butter cup recipes below!):
- Nonstick muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- Mixing Bowls
- Coconut oil
- Your favorite all-natural nut butter: peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, and coconut manna
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup
How To Make Nut Butter Cups Like a Pro
- Nut Butter Cup Storage: because these little bites of heaven are made from a nut butter and coconut oil base, you’ll want to store them in the freezer to avoid melting. Tip! Once they’ve hardened, remove them from their muffin liner and tin and transfer them into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag for later!
- Nut Butter Swaps: As always feel free to swap any of the nut butters for one of choice. The only one that’s tricky is coconut butter, do not swap this one for anything else!
- Sweetener Swaps: For all of our delicious nut butter cups, we used either honey or maple syrup. Feel free to use them interchangeably. We have not tested these with any other sweeteners, but if you do…please let us know!
- Oil Swaps: Every nut butter cup recipe on Fit Foodie Finds calls for coconut oil. We have NOT tested any other oils, but will report back if we do
- Reduce Waste: Because you’re going to want to make these recipes more than once (obvi), we suggest either purchasing silicone muffin tin liners OR not using muffin liners at all. If you decide not to use muffin liners, all you have to do is run warm water on the bottom of your muffin tin for a few seconds and use a butter knife to pop each nut butter cup out of their tin.
Cake Batter Cashew Butter Cups
Why choose between a cashew butter cup and cake when you can have both! These amazing cake batter cashew butter cups are 5 healthy ingredients and taste exactly like cake batter, sprinkles and all! They are the perfect afternoon snack or sweet treat after dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup unsalted creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles (+ more for toppings)
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Next, place all-natural cashew butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until combined.
- Then, gently fold sprinkles.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into muffin tin. You should get 12 cashew butter cups.
- Top with extra sprinkles and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place muffin tin in freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Store cashew butter cups in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Option to sub any other nut butter for the cashew butter.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 44
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 2