These Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups are a spin-off of your favorite childhood cookie! The combination of the cashew butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla bean make these cups a healthy snack option that tastes almost like an Oreo!
Day three of nut butter cup week is HERE, people. It’s Linley and I am over the moon excited to be chatting with you about these Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups! Please tell me you’re drooling already!
Before we talk about everything I love about these Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups, I just want to talk about nut butter cups in general. Yes, nut butter cups are a dessert. However, we love nut butter cups because they are a positive healthy snack or dessert alternative to other desserts or candy bars that you will find at the store. We try to incorporate minimum ingredients into every cup. We also try to use the highest quality and whole ingredients as possible. There is also the perk of getting a little boost of protein in every cup. My point? Enjoy a nut butter cup every day. Everything in moderation is always the best way to go! #makegoodchoices
What makes these nut butter cups an absolute dream is that there is no processed sugar, they are insanely creamy, and the vanilla bean gives you the delicious vanilla aftertaste of an oreo cookie. When we first tested these cups, we only used a half of a vanilla bean and decided a whole vanilla bean was necessary! If you don’t have a vanilla bean on hand, you can use vanilla extract too! 1-2 teaspoons should do the trick!
What You Need
Now, it is day three of nut butter cup week and if you still haven’t made one of our new recipes, today is the day! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, tag us in your nut butter creations with #NutButterCupWeek , and subscribe to our email list to enter our grand prize giveaway!
HEALTHY Oreo Cashew Butter Cups
These Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups are a delicious combination of chocolate and vanilla. Keep a bag of these cashew butter cups in the freezer at all times for an easy, healthy dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12
Chocolate Layers (top and bottom)
- 1/2 cup all-natural cashew butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Line a muffin tin with 12 nonstick muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients for the chocolate layer together until smooth. Set aside.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate layer into each muffin cup (you will use about 1/2 of the chocolate mixture). Repeat until you’ve filled 12 cups. Then, pick up the entire muffin tin and shake and tap until the layer is set evenly. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, stir all ingredients for the vanilla layer together until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove muffin tin from the freezer and add the vanilla bean layer to the muffin tin by plopping 1 teaspoon on top of the chocolate layer. Pick up the entire muffin tin and shake and tap until your cups are even. Place in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, make the top layer of the “oreo” by plopping a heaping teaspoon of the last half of the chocolate layer on to the vanilla layer. Pick up the entire muffin tin one last time and shake and tap until your cups are even.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm. Enjoy!
- Store healthy oreo cashew butter cups in the freezer to enjoy for later.
- *If you don’t have a vanilla bean try 1-2 teaspoons
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace honey with maple syrup.
- Option to replace cashew butter with any other nut butter such as almond or peanut.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 51
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2