Are you looking for a high fat and low carb snack? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs are easy to make and easy to store in your freezer for a grab-n-go snack for a busy week. These fat bombs are for anybody and everybody that loves the peanut butter chocolate combo!
Is it just me or am I more tired after holiday vacations than during my holiday vacation? We had the week off between Christmas and New Years for Team Fit Foodie. I slept in, ate good food, spent time with friends and family, and I find that I am more exhausted now, even though I slept in every day. What’s the deal?!
We did our best to find a balance between indulging in our favorite holiday dishes and we went through more bottles of wine than I would care to share with all of you. But guess what? It was all worth it! When January rolls around there is a lot of chatter about cutting out certain foods and drink. I have definitely tried my fair share of Aruvedic cleanses, dry January attempts, and more. No judgment if you want to try something new this 2019. What I’ve learned when trying new things is that if there is shame associated with whatever I’m doing I need to stop ASAP.
If I try not to drink in January and I decide a couple of drinks at a birthday party are worth it, there will be no shame in it. I will acknowledge the fact that I feel a little shame, but then tell it to get lost and if it doesn’t it’s not worth it! Here on FFF, we believe in balance and trying new things and we will support you in whatever journey you decide to take this year!
Some of you have messaged us asking for more Keto Recipes. Honestly, we are pretty new to the keto world. We have developed this Keto Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe and 55 Keto Recipes post, but we have been learning a TON! We have also heard your cry for a delicious keto friendly dessert recipe and it just doesn’t get much better than these Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs.
The Skinny on Fat Bombs
What is a fat bomb? A fat bomb is a keto friendly nut butter cup. It basically tastes like chocolate peanut butter freezer fudge! If you are newer to the keto diet, the keto diet is made up of high fat and low carb recipes. Read more about keto diet specifics HERE.
Fat Bombs are made up of your favorite nut butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder (if you want them chocolatey), and a keto friendly sweetener. They are VERY similar to our nut butter cup recipes, but with a different sweetener. You guys, they are insanely easy to make! Melt your coconut oil, mix in all the other fat bomb ingredients, and pour them into a muffin ban or cake pan. BOOM. DONE.
You will have to store these fat bombs in the freezer. Coconut oil is the base of this recipe, so they tend to soften rather quickly. No matter if you call them fat bombs or freezer fudge, they will definitely curb your sweet tooth craving.
Fat Bomb Pantry Staples
- Coconut Oil
- Liquid Stevia Sweetener
- Peanut Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Fat Bomb Tips + Tricks
- Make sure you fully melt your coconut oil in the microwave or over the stove before mixing in all of the other ingredients.
- If you are used to using maple syrup or honey, liquid stevia is a great substitute, though it does taste a bit different. 40 drops of stevia is equal to about 1/4 teaspoon.
- Use very drippy nut butter (our favorite drippy peanut butter is Smuckers All Natural)
- Freeze your fat bombs for at least 30 minutes and then throw them in a freezer-safe plastic bag or stasher bag. Store them in the freezer to prevent them from melting!
- Feel free to add in unsweetened coconut or chopped nuts to these fat bombs if you would like a little extra crunch!
Other Fat Bomb Recipes
Like I said above, we have a long list of nut butter cups on FFF that can easily be made into keto fat bombs. Switch out the sweetener in the nut butter cups below from honey and maple to stevia or sukrin.
- Almond Joy Coconut Butter Cups
- Healthy Oreo Cashew Butter Cups
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Thin Mint Almond Butter Cups
- Raspberry Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter drippy
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 drops liquid stevia ~1/4 teaspoon
- sea salt for topping
- First, spray a mini cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with mini cupcake liners.
- Next, place drippy peanut butter and melted coconut in a medium-size bowl and mix. Then, add cocoa powder and liquid stevia and mix until combined.
- Using a teaspoon as your scoop, spoon about 3 heaping teaspoons of the mixture into each mini cupcake tin. Repeat until mixture is gone. You should get about 24 fat bombs.
- Option to swirl in a little more drippy peanut butter for show and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely frozen. Once frozen, remove from mini cupcake tin and store in a freezer-safe plastic bag in the freezer.
Tips & Notes
- Sweetener Substitutions: if you're not strict keto, you have the option to sub 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup to this recipe instead of the stevia.
- Storage: store in the freezer for up to 3 months.