When you have a batch of these amazing Raspberry Chocolate Almond Butter Cups in the freezer, you know life is good.
This healthy dessert recipe is made with all-natural almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and freeze-dried raspberries.
We <3 Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
These raspberry chocolate almond butter cups are pretty much out of this world. They’re creamy, chocolatey, and have a hint of raspberry to them.
We turned to Instagram to ask for some interesting flavor combinations for our famous “nut butter cups” or “fat bombs” and freeze-dried raspberries kept coming up! Obviously, this caught my attention and I immediately went to Trader Joe’s to pick some up.
Don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you? I found some really great Amazon options HERE, HERE, and HERE. I’ve never actually cooked with freeze-dried raspberries, but they are such a fun addition to an almond butter cup.
Here’s what you need:
- All-natural almond butter
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
I’d say that all of these items are rather easy to find in all grocery stores, but you can always order online!
Best Almond Butters
If you’re wondering what kind of DRIPPY almond butter I like, my suggestions are Kirkland brand from Costco, Trader Joe’s brand, and Fresh Thyme’s brand. I stress drippy because drippy usually means all-natural AKA no additives, which is what I like to look for.
More Fat Bombs
- Chocolate PB Fat Bombs
- Thin Mint Almond Butter Cups
- Crunchy PB & J Cups
- Get all of our Fat Bombs HERE!
- 2/3 cup all-natural almond butter*
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup crushed freeze-dried raspberries
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional toppings: slivered almonds, freeze-dried raspberries, and sea salt
- First, line a muffin tin with nonstick muffin liners. Set aside.
- Next, place all-natural almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add cocoa powder and crushed freeze-dried raspberries and mix again until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter into muffin tin. You should get 12 almond butter cups.
- Top with slivered almonds, more crushed freeze-dried raspberries, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place muffin tin in freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Storage: store in the freezer in an airtight container or gallon-size bag. Will last up to 3 months.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cup Calories: 149 Sugar: 5 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 3 Protein: 3
Keywords: almond butter cups