This easy smores dessert is a fun dessert to make camping or if you are looking for an easy dessert at home! Pop this cast iron skillet full of marshmallows and chocolate into the oven or over the campfire and it is ready in no time!
There is no question that smores are the most well-known camping dessert of all-time. Personally, I LOVE marshmallows. It’s Linley, here, and this year we wanted to create an easy and delicious camping dessert that would feed the masses!
No, this is not a healthy recipe. Guess what, that’s OK! We are all about balance on Fit Foodie Finds and we truly believe that you should have smore or two. Or in this dessert’s case, a scoop or two!
We love camping on FFF. We’ve camped in the boundary waters, car camped, and spent time at our cabins, and this easy camping smores dessert is the perfect sweet treat after a busy day of hiking and hanging out with your people. Also, if you love this recipe check out some of our other favorite camping hacks!
Guess what, you can also make this delicious dessert in the comfort of your own home! Next time you’re craving a smore and it’s too gosh darn cold and rainy outside, just pop this bad boy in the oven and it will cure you of your cabin fever until your next camping adventure.
Easy Camping Smores Dessert
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 2 dark chocolate Hershey bars broken into pieces
- 1 package of Graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 400ºF or build a campfire and spray a 12-inch cast iron pan with coconut oil.
- Pour marshmallows into the cast iron pan and evenly distribute Hershey bar pieces among the marshmallows.
- OVEN: Place cast iron into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown*. FIRE: Place cast iron onto a cooking grate over your campfire. Place a piece of tin foil loosely over the top of the cast iron. Cook over the fire for 6-10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.*
- Remove from oven or fire (careful, the cast iron will be HOT). Use graham crackers to scoop out the marshmallow and chocolatey goodness.