Looking for a fall treat made with REAL ingredients? This homemade brownie recipe is made with pureed pumpkin and sweetened with maple syrup. If you’re wondering how to make brownies healthy, these delicious grain-free pumpkin brownies are a great place to start!
These easy homemade brownies are legit the most amazing desserts I’ve ever made…and I’ve made a lot of deserts. Linley and I tested these babies 4 times before getting it JUST right.
I based the recipe off of Davida’s Avocado Brownies, but there are no avocados involved. When I was in Toronto visiting Davida, I had the pleasure of eating her Avo Brownies first hand and huzzzzzah….they were delicious!
These brownies are made with a coconut flour base, making them grain-free. They’re made sans dairy, gluten, and refined-sugar making them paleo-friendly! “Hey mama.”
How to Make Brownies
Brownies are a gift from the dessert gods. I just love making brownies from scratch. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good and dirty brownie from the box every now and then, but the process of making homemade brownies is nostalgic for me.
Gonna throw it out there….yah need the eggs for these babies! I didn’t attempt a vegan variation because most of the liquid from this recipe comes from the eggs. The eggs also help bind everything together and make they “fudgy.”
Eggs = good for this specific homemade brownie recipe.
I am looking forward to trying these brownies with a variety of different pureed veggies and fruits. If you don’t have pumpkin, feel free to use an alternative puree like the ones below
- sweet potato
Just kidding about the broccoli. That would be disgusting 🙂
Now, get baking and enjoy these tasty pumpkin brownies!
Other Fit Foodie Finds Brownie Recipes
- Fudgy Homemade Brownies with Garbanzo Beans
- Sneaky Beet Brownies
- Sneaky Sweet Potato Skillet Brownies
- Flourless Cashew Butter Brownies
- 3-Ingredient Guilt Free Brownies
- First, preheat oven to 350F and GENEROUSLY spray a 8×8 inch cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, place wet ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until smooth. Then, add dry ingredients to the same bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and use a spatula to spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 201 Sugar: 23 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 6 Protein: 5
Keywords: healthy dessert, pumpkin, grain-free
What is your favorite fall flavor?