It’s time to turn up your smoothie game with this Healthy Shamrock Shake recipe. You read that correctly, we’ve don’t it better and healthier than Mac Dons!
March marks the month where the people go WILD for all things Shamrock Shakes. How can you blame them? Silky smooth, minty, luscious goodness!
Make it Healthier
When in doubt, make it better for you! Today we’re showing you how to take a classic Shamrock Shake, but make it healthier with a few swaps!
First and foremost, let’s chat about what this recipe does NOT include. Because the real deal is packed with loads of…
- refined sugar
- artificial flavor
- artificial color
What you Need
Our recipe, however, is made with al the good stuff! It’s naturally sweetened, naturally colored, and there is no refined sugar! Here’s what you need:
banana: the banana is the “base” of your smoothie and also adds the natural sweetness! If you don’t like banana, you can try frozen applesauce or swap a 1 or 2 out for ice.
almond milk: every shake needs some kind of liquid and we’re using almond milk. Feel free to use any kind of milk!
spinach: every shamrock shake deserves to be green and our recipe uses spinach! Use as little or as much as you’d like. The more you use, the greener it will be!
peppermint extract: the secret sauce to the minty flavor of this shake! A little goes a long way, so don’t overdo it!
chocolate chips: because every shamrock shake deserves a little bit of chocolate!
More Healthy Shakes
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 4 medium frozen bananas
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- heaping handful of spinach
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract*
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place frozen bananas, almond milk, spinach, and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a splash more of almond milk depending on how big and how frozen your bananas are.
- Give your smoothie a taste and adjust the spinach amount to make it greener and peppermint extract amount to make it stronger.
- Finally add in dark chocolate chips and pulse a few times to slightly crush chocolate chips.
Tips & Notes
- Peppermint Extract: Start with 1/4 teaspoon and add more to your taste! Some people like it really minty, while others don't.