These No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars are the perfect sweet treat when your sweet tooth is calling to you! They are naturally sweetened and the perfect snack to get you to your next meal!
Happy Monday, people! As I’ve gotten older I have started to like Mondays a heck of a lot more than I did when I was in school. It could be because I have found a routine that I like, but the energy on Monday mornings is usually high at Fit Foodie HQ! This morning, I am doing my own thing at home, because Lee is still in Utah, but will be back tomorrow! But lucky me, I have a bag of these No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars in the freezer and they happen to be absolutely delicious with a cup of coffee!
I have to start off by saying these No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars are a bit nostalgic for me. I have always loved dates, but especially when I travel. Dates have always been my favorite travel snack. They are an easy, sweet, and nutritious snack that I would take with me when I needed an energy boost. I have a heart for travel and I associate most of my memories of travel with what I ate when I was traveling and dates tend to be that one food that I always seek out. DATES. Does anyone else feel this way about food?!
Lee and I use dates as a base in most of our balls, no-bake bars, or if we need a natural sweetener in a cookie or frosting. They are little morsels of natural sugar and a great alternative to refined sugars. You don’t need many dates to make something sweet! Some my favorite date recipes on FFF are Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese, Dark Chocolate Date Protein Smoothie, Peanut Butter Energy Balls, and Healthy Salted Caramel Cups. You just can’t go wrong, you can use dates in savory AND sweet recipes!
These No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars are just as tasty as all of our other FFF date recipes! I usually have everything I need to make these bars in my pantry at all times!
You guys won’t believe how easy it is to whip up these No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars. All you have to do is throw everything into a food processor, let them firm up, and they are ready to go! I love them in the morning for a quick snack or as the perfect sweet treat after dinner. You just can’t go wrong. Chocolate + Coconut = a DREAM combo!
- 30 medjool dates (~2 cups packed)*
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut
- Begin by pitting 30 dates. Make sure your dates are soft and squishy. Place dates into a high-speed food processor and then add raw cashews and vanilla.
- Blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape the sides.
- Once the dates and cashews are combined, add cocoa powder and salt and blend until combined. If your dates aren’t soft enough, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of water in order to get a sticky dough.
- Finally, add in shredded coconut and blend one more time. You can either leave your coconut more whole or fully pulverize into the rest of the bars.
- Once combined, your dough should be soft and feel like cookie dough.
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and then place dough in pan. Use your hands or a spatula to spread dough evenly into pan. The goal is to get everything to be the same height. Top with a little more shredded coconut and use your hands or spatula to press into dough.
- Before placing in the freezer, use a spatula to round the edges of the bars. Place in freezer for 30-minutes to an hour.
- Remove from freezer and take bars out of the pan. Cut the bars in half and then slice each half into 8ths. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*We used very moist dates. You may need to add a teaspoon of water to the food processor if your dates are dry.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/16 Calories: 242 Sugar: 31 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 5 Protein: 4