These are the ultimate 3 ingredient appetizer perfect for any kind of party including game day, the holidays, or a summer gathering! These Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Dates are made with whole ingredients and in under an hour.
Best Appetizer Ever
Dear, Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese…Will you marry me?
In all honesty, these are the perfect bites of heaven you will ever sink your teeth into. When it comes to bacon wrapped dates it’s all about the date! We are obsessed with medjool dates. Why?
- They are naturally sweet and delicious.
- Medjool dates are always plump and full of flavor.
- You can buy them in bulk at a great price!
Here’s What You’ll Need
This recipe is pretty simple. We love it because it is the most perfect mixture between sweet and savory! The main ingredients are:
Medjool Dates- We are big fans of medjool dates, but feel free to use whatever dates you have or are able to find. You just wand to make sure the dates are pitted and soft.
Here’s a tip–> If your dates are a little hard, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to soften them up! Soak up access moisture from the dates and proceed with the recipe!
Goat Cheese- A perfectly tart and soft goat cheese is what we’re looking for to stuff the dates! If you are a honey or herbed goat cheese fan, go for it!
Bacon- There are many different options when it comes to bacon. We prefer a maple bacon, but an applewood bacon would be delicious, too!
Everything You Need to Know
Do I need to cook the bacon before wrapping a date in bacon?
If you like your bacon extra cooked, we suggest pan frying your bacon for 2-3 minutes on each side before CAREFULLY rolling a date in the bacon strip!
A cast iron pan really helps to brown the bacon, so be sure to use a cast iron pan if you have on!
What do I serve with bacon stuffed dates?
Bacon wrapped stuffed dates can be served along side any of our healthy appetizer recipes!
How do I store stuffed dates?
Let cool and then remove the toothpicks. Place in a glass pyrex and into the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Cheers to the most amazing bacon wrapped stuffed dates <3
More Healthy Appetizer Recipes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2–3 oz. Goat Cheese
- 10 strips of bacon
- fresh thyme, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and drizzle olive oil into a cast iron pan.
- Then, spread open each date and stuff with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Next, prepare the bacon and cut 10 strips of bacon in half. Roll each date inside of the bacon. Seal with a toothpick. Pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes depending on how thick your bacon is.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve!