In less than 30 minutes you’ll have these high-protein egg cups prepped for the entire week! These bacon wrapped egg cups are made with just 2 ingredients and are gluten-free and paleo-friendly. In one single egg cup you get 9g protein, 0g carb, and 0g sugar!
Egg cups are one of the easiest and most delicious healthy breakfast options or snack recipes around. If you are looking for veggie-filled egg cups, check out these turkey fajita egg cups or these spinach and sun dried tomato egg cups.
The BEST Recipe of All Time
BACON WRAPPED EGG CUPS GET IN MY FACE.
I’ve been making these bacon egg cups for as long as I can remember because bacon and eggs are 2 of my favorite things! Did I mention that’s all this recipe calls for literally only calls for bacon and eggs! You’ll have this recipe ready in under 30 and breakfast or snacks for the whole week.
Everyone loves this recipe because it is a great meal prep recipe for the week. If you are on a meal prepping kick now or getting ready to meal prep for back to school, these egg cups are the recipe for you.
All you have to do is make a batch of egg cups, let them cool, and place them in the refrigerator for a great grab and go breakfast or snack for the week!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
Now that you know you only need 2 ingredients for this recipe, it’s time to get cooking! Set your oven to 400ºF and spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray and let’s get rockin’.
- Create a bacon basket: this is probably the most difficult step of the whole process and it’s not even hard! Create a little basket of sorts in each egg cup. Make sure you place a little piece of bacon on the bottom so that it can catch the egg once you crack it in. You’ll likely need to use a pair of scissors to cut your bacon so that it fits perfectly.
- Bake: Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you’re going to want to give them a little zap before cracking the eggs in!
- Crack egg: Once your bacon has firmed up a bit, it’s time to crack in your eggs! You’ll need 12 total large eggs . PS: if you’re not into yolks, you can totally skip them and just use egg whites!
- Bake again: Time to bake the eggs! Watch your eggs closely. The longer you bake your eggs, the firmer the yolk will be! Bake time really depends on how runny you like your egg yolks.
Bingo, bango, bongo…bacon wrapped baked eggs!
Egg Cup Recipes
We clearly LOVE egg cups here at Fit Foodie Finds. They’re such an amazing grab-and-go snack and our favorite high protein breakfast that we make them almost weekly. Check out some of our favorite egg muffins below!
- How to Bake Eggs in the Oven
- Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups
- 4 Healthy Egg Cup Recipes
- Asparagus and Shiitake Mushroom Egg Frittatas
Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
- 12 strips of bacon
- 12 large eggs
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a nonstick muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, use one piece of bacon per muffin to create a basket of sorts for the egg. Place the bacon on the inside of each muffin so that it covers the sides completely. Then, use a pair scissors to cut the remaining bacon. Use this excess piece of bacon for the bottom of your basket. Repeat with all pieces of bacon.
- Place bacon in the oven at 400ºF for around 7 minutes. Remove before they start to get crispy.
- Crack 1 egg inside of each bacon basket. Make sure that you use large eggs as anything bigger will be too much egg to hold in the muffins.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs.
- Finally, season with pepper and enjoy!