In less than 30 minutes you’ll have these high-protein egg muffins prepped for the entire week! These bacon wrapped egg cups are made with just 2 ingredients and are gluten-free and paleo-friendly. Per 1 egg cup you get 9g protein, 0g carb, and 0g sugar!
Happy Memorial Day!
Mark and I are on our way home from Davida’s Wedding in San Fran (eeeeeee what a wonderful night) and I’m currently dreaming about a stocked fridge at home. Does anyone else ever freak out over this? I feel like whenever I get home from vacation I have absolutely NOTHING in my fridge. No fear, I stocked up on eggs and bacon before I left so that we can whip up a batch of today’s recipe right when I get home.
BACON WRAPPED EGG CUPS GET IN MY FACE.
I’ve been making these bacon egg cups for as long as I can remember because bacon and eggs are 2 of my favorite things! Did I mention that’s all this recipe calls for…literally just bacon and eggs! You’ll have this recipe ready in under 30 and breakfast or snacks for the whole week.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
Now that you know you only need 2 ingredients for this recipe, it’s time to get cooking! Set your oven to 400ºF and spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray and let’s get rockin’.
- Create bacon basket: this is probably the most difficult step of the whole process and it’s not even hard! Create a little basket of sorts in each egg cup. Make sure you place a little piece of bacon on the bottom so that it can catch the egg once you crack it in. You’ll likely need to use a pair of scissors to cut your bacon so that it fits perfectly.
- Bake: Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you’re going to want to give them a little zap before cracking the eggs in!
- Crack egg: Once your bacon has firmed up a bit, it’s time to crack in your eggs! You’ll need 12 total large eggs . PS: if you’re not into yolks, you can totally skip them and just use egg whites!
- Bake again: Time to bake the eggs! Watch your eggs closely. The longer you bake your eggs, the firmer the yolk will be! Bake time really depends on how runny you like your egg yolks.
Bingo, bango, bongo…bacon wrapped baked eggs!
Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
In less than 30 minutes you’ll have these high-protein egg muffins prepped for the entire week! These bacon wrapped egg cups are made with just 2 ingredients and are gluten-free and paleo-friendly. Per 1 egg cup, you get 9g protein, 0g carb, and 0g sugar!
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 strips of bacon
- 12 large eggs
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a nonstick muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, use one piece of bacon per muffin to create a basket of sorts for the egg. Place the bacon on the inside of each muffin so that it covers the sides completely. Then, use a pair scissors to cut the remaining bacon. Use this excess piece of bacon for the bottom of your basket. Repeat with all pieces of bacon.
- Place bacon in the oven at 400ºF for around 7 minutes. Remove before they start to get crispy.
- Crack 1 egg inside of each bacon basket. Make sure that you use large eggs as anything bigger will be too much egg to hold in the muffins.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs.
- Finally, season with pepper and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 9
Our Best Muffin Tin Eggs
We clearly LOVE muffin tin eggs here at Fit Foodie Finds. They’re such an amazing grab-and-go snack and we make them almost weekly. Check out some of our favorite egg muffins below!