Follow this guide for how to bake eggs in the oven and you will have an easy-to-make, high-protein snack or breakfast with all of the hard-boiled egg goodness minus the hassle of peeling off that stubborn shell.
You can eat these baked eggs at home, on-the-go, hot, or cold. You really can’t go wrong with learning how to bake eggs in the oven, it’s a total game changer!
This Baked Eggs recipe has been made by so many of you and is one of Fit Foodie Finds’ most popular recipe!
It’s such a simple, foolproof way to cook eggs and they seriously come out perfect every single time.
What are Baked Eggs?
Oven Baked Eggs are essentially a way to cook eggs using a muffin tin and the oven. Baked eggs have the texture of a hard-boiled egg, but you don’t have to deal with peeling the shell off of it.
The great thing about cooking eggs in the oven is that it’s a super hands-off method to cooking eggs and they are ready in no time.
Baked Eggs – Quick Guide
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Crack your eggs straight into the tin.
- Add some flavor with a little shake of salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on how you like your yolk.
how long to bake eggs
We suggest baking your eggs for around 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk. The longer you cook your eggs, the harder the yolk will be.
Can I make baked eggs ahead of time?
Muffin tin eggs are such a great meal-prep recipe that you can make ahead of time. They will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Let baked eggs cool completely and then store eggs in the refrigerator.
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and generously spray a nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use muffin liners, but we still suggest spraying those with cooking spray.
- Next, crack one egg into each well and then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake eggs at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until the yolk reaches your desired doneness.
- If your eggs don’t come right out, run a knife around the edges to help them loosen.
Tips & Notes
- Timing: the longer you cook your eggs, the harder the yolk will be. Start with 10 minutes and go from there.
- Muffin tin: make sure to use a nonstick muffin tin or you might have problems getting your eggs out of the muffin tin. You can also use silicone muffin cups like this one.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 70 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 70 Fat: 5 Saturated Fat: 1.5 Trans Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 185
Keywords: baked eggs, how to bake eggs in the oven
Looking for more baked egg recipes? Here are 10 ways to bake eggs in the oven!