These Turkey Fajita Egg Cups are made with lean ground turkey, colorful green and red peppers, onions, and your favorite fajita spices! Don’t forget about the cheese on top. Whip up a batch of these egg cups for a healthy meal prep breakfast option!
Meal prep breakfast lovers, this recipe is calling your name! And with the great egg cup varieties on Fit Foodie Finds, you’ll never be bored with this delicious and nutritious breakfast option. From bacon wrapped egg cups to spinach and sun dried tomato egg cups to all American hash brown egg cups, your breakfast is sure to be the best meal of your day.
Fajitas for Breakfast!
Oh girllll are you in for a special treat. Whether you’re prepping for back to school, work, or just everyday livin’, muffin tin eggs really do make life easier! We love egg cups here at Fit Foodie Finds and often make a double batch for breakfast and/or snacks. We’ve got 3 of us to feed + Mark, so we go through a lot of eggs! Egg muffins are a great way to pack in not only the protein but the veggies too! This recipe in particular hits all of those bases:
These Turkey Fajita Egg Cups are…
- High protein
- Low carb
- Veggie packed
- Lower in calories, but still super filling!
You can always make your egg cups a little more customized by adding your favorite veggies or maybe even switching up the ground turkey for ground chicken, beef, or a vegetarian meat option! Or dip them in plain Greek yogurt and salsa. Truly make these egg cups your own!
And always remember, these egg cups will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months in tightly sealed containers. Meal prep has never been easier!
More Egg Cups
Turkey Fajita Egg Cups Recipe Video
Turkey Fajita Egg Cup Recipe
This turkey fajita egg cup recipe is made with lean ground turkey, colorful green and red peppers, onions, and your favorite fajita spices! Don’t forget about the cheese on top. Whip up a batch of these egg cups for a healthy meal prep breakfast option!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey (any kind of ground meat will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 large green pepper, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- optional: 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 12-cup, nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a nonstick skillet and heat over medium/high heat. Add ground turkey and spices and saute until turkey is fully cooked.
- Transfer browned meat into muffin cups. Then prep vegetables by finely dicing green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Evenly spread out among muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Then, pour egg mixture evenly on top of veggies in order to fill each cup around 3/4 of the way full. Use a fork or knife to mix in order to make sure the veggies are evenly distributed within the egg.
- Season the top of each egg cup with salt and pepper, to taste, and then sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for around 18-22 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 9