These All American Hash Brown Egg Cups are a dream of a breakfast. They make healthy meal prep a breeze, packing in shredded potatoes, breakfast sausage, cheese, and eggs! Whip up a batch and serve a crowd today, or stick them in the fridge for breakfast enjoyment all week long. Psst: they also freeze well!
Meal prep breakfast lovers, this recipe is calling your name! And with the great egg cup varieties on Fit Foodie Finds, you’ll never be bored with this delicious and nutritious breakfast option. From bacon wrapped egg cups to spinach and sun dried tomato egg cups to turkey fajita egg cups, your breakfast is sure to be the best meal of your day.
Meal Prep Breakfast of Your Dreams
Life is easier when you have easy and healthy meals planned out for your week! It’s July which means we have less than two more months of summer shenanigans (sad face). Not to say that people don’t extend summer trips and weather into September, but when the kids go back to school and post-Labor Day, people tend do get back to the grind. There aren’t as many grill outs, cabin weekends, and brewery runs. But it also means it’s the perfect time to start meal-prepping!
All American Breakfast, Anyone?
These all American hash brown egg cups were born out of our love for All American Breakfast meals. What does that even mean, you ask? Eggs, hash browns, and sausage, preferably with a side of toast. Whether we are at home in the kitchen or out to eat, the three of us love a classic healthy breakfast. Sometimes we don’t have time to whip up a delicious full breakfast, so why not have these All American Hash Brown Egg Cups ready to heat up in the freezer or fridge?
All you have to do is grate your favorite potato, chop up your favorite sausage, pick out your favorite cheese, throw it into a muffin tin and pour your egg mixture over it. It is an absolute no-brainer. We love these egg muffin cups because they are easy to make, healthy, and you can add whatever you want into them! Feel free to add an extra veggie or a grain. Make this egg cup recipe your own! DO IT NOW!
More Egg Cups
- Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups
- Bacon-Baked Eggs
- How to Bake Eggs in the Oven
- Turkey Fajita Egg Cup Recipe
All American Egg Cups Recipe Video
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 fully-cooked breakfast sausage links
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 12-cup, nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Peel 2 medium red potatoes and then shred with a cheese grater. Place shredded potato on top of a thin rag, cheesecloth, or paper towel and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. Place into a small bowl and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then, spread evenly among the 12 cups.
- Chop 12 fully-cooked breakfast sausage links and then add to the top of shredded potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Then, pour egg mixture evenly on top of veggies in order to fill each cup around 3/4 of the way full. Use a fork or knife to mix in order to make sure the veggies are evenly distributed within the egg.
- Season the top of each egg cup with salt and pepper, to taste, and then sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for around 18-22 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 egg cup Calories: 110 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 212 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 5 Protein: 9
Keywords: breakfast, healthy, meal-prep breakfast, eggs, egg cups