These bacon wrapped green beans are an impressive appetizer or side dish that come together in just 30 minutes! They’re a delicious addition to any holiday or game day menu.
Move over bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts! Jazz up any holiday table with these oh-so-fun and totally festive bacon wrapped green beans! They’re a unique veggie side dish or app perfect for any holiday celebration or game day spread.
Ready in just 30 minutes, these green bean bundles are perfectly savory and always wow a crowd. You’ll partially cook bacon strips in the oven before wrapping them around bundles of fresh green beans and baking again. Fresh herbs and a sprinkle of parmesan really elevate this simple side. You’re going to love how they taste!
What You Need for Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
These incredibly flavorful green beans come together with fresh, wholesome ingredients. You’ll need:
- Tick-Cut Bacon
- Green Beans
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Thyme + Rosemary
- Parmesan Cheese
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Substitutions
Here are a few tasty twists to try on this green bean appetizer:
Bacon: To make this appetizer a little sweeter, use brown sugar bacon. It creates a delightful sweet, salty, savory flavor combination! For a totally savory option, use cracked pepper bacon.
Asparagus: Replace the green beans with asparagus for bacon wrapped asparagus.
Cheese: Instead of parmesan cheese, use any shredded hard cheese of your choice.
Do you have to pre-cook the bacon?
Yes! This initial 10 minutes of bake time ensures that the bacon slices are the perfect combination of crispy and tender.
How do you keep green beans green?
Blanch them first! Our secret to keeping green beans green is blanching them before assembling the bacon wrapped bundles.
These bacon wrapped green beans taste best fresh when the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melty. If you do have leftover green bean bundles, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you make bacon wrapped green beans ahead of time?
To make these green beans ahead of time, prep everything through assembling the green bean bundles. Store the assembled bundles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, transfer them to a greased baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and browned.
We don’t recommend freezing bacon wrapped green beans.
Enjoy these bacon wrapped green beans as a Super Bowl appetizer, addition to your Thanksgiving or holiday menu, or something fun to make for your next dinner party. They pair well with just about anything and would be delicious alongside baked lemon chicken, one-pot Boursin pasta, butternut squash mac and cheese, or any of our dinner recipes.
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Simple Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
Prepare the Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Place the uncooked bacon strips on top of the wire rack – make sure the strips are not touching.
- Bake for 10 minutes to partially cook the bacon.
Prepare the Green Beans
- Optional extra step for greener green beans: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then blanch the trimmed green beans for 1 minute. Remove from heat and strain. This step will prevent your green beans from losing color. However, it does require another pot and more time. Note: We did NOT do this step for our photos.
- Place the trimmed green beans in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, rosemary, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine everything.
- Once the bacon has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and set the bacon strips aside. Working with the same baking sheet, use a piece of paper towel to spread out the bacon grease to grease the pan.
Assemble the Green Bean Bundles
- Lay a piece of bacon on the baking sheet and place 8-10 green beans on top (perpendicular to the bacon strip). Roll the bacon up to secure the green beans bundle.* Repeat for each bacon strip. Arrange the assembled bundles onto the baking sheet. If you have any leftover herbs and cheese, sprinkle on top of the green beans.
- Bake the bacon-wrapped green beans until the bacon is cooked and browned, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: Store leftover bacon wrapped green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Prep everything through assembling the green bean bundles. Store the assembled bundles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, transfer them to a greased baking sheet and bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and browned.
- Securing the Bundles: If the bacon wrapped green bean bundles are not as secure as you’d like them to be, use a toothpick to secure them before baking. Remove prior to serving.