We love making high protein breakfast burritos because they keep you full all day long!
Today I am excited to be partnering with Flatout Bread for these delicious breakfast burritos. These are the ultimate Sunday morning breakfast and can even be frozen for later in the week!
I remember as a youngster making my dad breakfast burritos on the weekends. I was totally that kid who took every opportunity to get creative in the kitchen. Once I mastered one thing, I would move on to the next. Breakfast burritos were definitely a specialty and my Daddio LOVES them.
If you haven’t used a Flatout wrap, you need to get on that STAT. I used the Multi-Grain with Flax tortillas for this recipe which are only 100 calories, 15g of carbs, and 9g of protein. I love how chewy these are and the fact that they don’t tear when you wrap them. Who else wants to cry when their tortilla breaks?!
Did I mention that the Multi-Grain with Flax Flatouts are delicious with banana and peanut butter inside…speaking from experience here.
So, these burritos. They’re…
- High protein —> 25 grams to be exact!
- Made with only 8 ingredients!
- Lower in carbs
- Great for meal prep!
Any excuse to make bacon, right? My favorite place in the Twin Cities to buy my bacon is at the Farmer’s Market. Nothing better than supporting local farmers and knowing where your meat comes from! If you’re not a fan of bacon, feel free to add in breakfast sausage or skip the meat altogether.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- First, whisk 8 eggs in a large bowl and add a splash of milk. Set Aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium/high heat and add olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a few minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. Then, add in eggs and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Place 1/4 of the egg mixture and a piece of cooked bacon on top of a Flatout Flatbread or tortilla. Then, sprinkle with cheese. Wrap tightly. EAT.