Get fancy with your grilled cheese and add some delicious roasted peaches with gouda cheese and a drizzle of aged balsamic in between some seedy bread!
Talk about a beautiful, seasonal creation! This recipe was so much fun to test and come up with…from the grocery shopping, to the kitchen time, to the photography…this recipe rocks my world! Today I’m partnering with Dave’s Killer Bread to spread the sandwich love!
Can I pause for a second and tell you guys something kind of disgusting? When I was really young, I would take a piece of white bread, cut off the crust, and squeeze it into a tight little ball. Thennnn, I would eat it. Ohhhh the things I would do as a young Lee.
Okay back to sandwiches. I remember growing up, my mom would pack me the same brown bag lunch every day- a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of carrots, a bag a grapes, and Sun Chips. DO SUN CHIPS STILL EXIST? Not much has changed…I still eat a lot of fruits, veggies, and chips…however I’ve stepped up my bread game. DKB is legit the best bread I’ve ever had. I love how grainy and seedy it is. It’s dense, but airy at the same time. I’ve pretty much had every variation that exists and I’m yet to be disappointed. Today’s sammich is made from the Thin Sliced variation, but any kind will work!
Lin and I do this thing where we go to the grocery store with somewhat of an idea, but allow the produce to inspire us! This time? PEACHES!!! Seriously my local grocery store, Lunds and Byerleys, had the most amazing peaches this month.
I’ll take 10 please.
I pretty much consider any sandwich that has cheese on it a grilled cheese. Thus the name of the recipe —> Gouda Grilled Cheese.
Cheese > No Cheese
Also- gouda has been on the top of my cheese list this summer! <3
For the Peaches
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large purple onion, thiny sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
For the Sandwich
- 6 pieces Dave’s Killer Bread Thin Sliced 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 1/4 pound gouda cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
For the Peaches
- First preheat your oven to 425ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, prep peaches by pitting and thiny slicing. Then, thinly slice onion. Lay out evenly on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Season with a pinch o salt and chopped oregano.
- Roast at 425ºF for 20 about minutes or until the peaches start to turn golden brown.
For the Sandwich
- Set oven to high broil.
- Next, toast 6 pieces of of Dave’s Killer Bread Thin Sliced 21 Whole Grains and Seeds in your toaster.
- Once toasted top 3 of the slices with the roasted peaches and a handful of grated gouda cheese.
- Broil sandwiches for 1 minute on high to melt cheese (watch closely!). Then, drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar and top with the 3 remaining pieces of toasted bread.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/3 Calories: 414 Sugar: 26 Sodium: 2846 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 46 Fiber: 8 Protein: 16
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, my favorite bread company! I was compensated an all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds.