This spicy pickle margarita is a true pickle-lovers dream made with leftover pickle juice and classic margarita mix-ins.
Why You’ll Love this Spicy Pickle Margarita
We had the genius idea at the studio the other day to make another pickle-based cocktail. If you didn’t know, we’re huge dill pickle fans and pickle juice is such a fabulous mix-in for cocktails.
This spicy pickle margarita is simply made with classic margarita ingredients such as lime juice, tequila, and triple sec, but we added dill pickle juice and jalapeños for a fancy variation.
Here’s what you need:
- Pickle juice – we prefer a dill pickle juice for this as butter pickles might be a little too sweet.
- Tequila: we used our favorite tequila – Espolon Blanco.
- Triple sec: any kind of orange liquor works.
- Jalapeños: if you like it spicy, keep the seeds. If you don’t like a ton of spice, ditch them.
- Lime juice: fresh lime juice, please.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
How spicy is this margarita?
It all depends on how spicy your jalapeños are. If you don’t like things too spicy, make sure to remove all of the seeds. If you’re a huge spice person- add the seeds into the shaker!
What kind of pickles are the best for pickle margaritas?
We prefer dill pickles for this recipe. We used Calussen Koshker Dill Pickles.
Can I make this N/A?
Absolutely! And, actually, our secret is adding a little vinegar to N/A drinks to give them that same zip you get from alcohol. So, omit the tequila and tiple sec and add about 1/2 oz. of orange juice and you’re good to go!
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Spicy Pickle Margarita
- 3 oz. high-quality tequila
- 3 oz. orange liquor
- 3 oz. dill pickle juice we used Claussen Kosher Dill Pickles
- ½ medium jalapeño thinly sliced*
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Lawry's seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- Optional- sparkling water
- Make your margarita: add the tequila, triple sec, pickle juice, jalapeños, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice and put the lid on. Shake the cocktail until mixed
- Make your fancy rim: Add the Lawrys seasoning and cayenne pepper to a plate and mix to combine. Rub a lime wedge around the top of your cocktail glass glass. Then dip the top of the glass in the spicy seasoning.
- Serve: add a handful of ice into your cocktail glasses and then pour in the spicy margarita.
- Garnish: serve with pickle slices, jalapeñoo slices, and lime wedges. Option to top your margarita off with some sparkling water if you like a little fizz.
Tips & Notes
- Spice: if you don’t like things so spicy, make sure to remove the seeds in your jalapeños If you love spice, add more jalapeños and keep the seeds.
- Increase or decrease the cayenne pepper to control the spice on the outside
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.