Looking to mix up your margarita flavor? Try this incredible frozen strawberry margarita recipe made with frozen strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec!
Why make a classic margarita when you can make a frozen strawberry margarita?! We’ve been all about frozen margaritas lately and have been itching to create something a little bit more unique.
So, we present you this gorgeous frozen strawberry margarita!
Why make this strawberry margarita?
This strawberry margarita recipe has such a lovely flavor profile. Think classic margarita flavors with a strawberry daiquiri texture.
- Ready in 5 minutes: happy hour is ready in less than 5. Heck yes!
- Easy drinking: this is the kind of margarita recipe you can sip on all day.
- Refreshing: this strawberry margarita is seriously so refreshing!
What You Need
In order to get started you only need a few ingredients and most of them are inspired by our classic margarita.
- Frozen strawberries
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
How to Make a Strawberry Margarita
Got 5 minutes? Because that’s all you need to make this epic frozen strawberry margarita.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately
Want it sweeter?
If you’re a sweet tooth and looking to add more sweetness to this strawberry margarita, feel free to add in a tablespoon or two of agave nectar or simple syrup. That should do the trick.
Have you tried it?
Our favorite margarita recipe is made with classic ingredients: tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and agave.
How to Salt the Rim
To salt the rim or not to salt the rim. It’s all about preference, but we’re all about it! Here’s how to do it.
- Place water in a shallow bowl and fill another shallow bowl with coarse sea salt.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the water and then into the coarse sea salt rocking the glass back and forth.
PS: you can totally do this same thing with coarse sugar too if you’d rather have a sugared-rim.
Strawberry margarita pitcher recipe
Hoping to mix up a giant batch of this frozen strawberry margarita recipe? Here’s a simple recipe to serve 4:
- 8-oz tequila (1 cup)
- 4-oz Triple Sec (1/2 cup)
- 4-oz lime juice (1/ cup)
- 1 and 1/3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups ice
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and serve immediately.
Strawberry Mango: Use half frozen mango and half frozen strawberry for a strawberry mango marg!
Triple Berry: Use a bag of frozen triple berries instead of frozen strawberries for a frozen triple berry margarirta.
Pineapple: swap the frozen strawberry for frozen pineapple and make a pineapple margarita!
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- 2 oz. high-quality tequila
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup ice
- optional: agave nectar or simple syrup to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth - about 30 seconds.
- Pour strawberry margarita into a glass and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled— just make sure to make them as close to serving as possible.
- To rim a glass, place water in a shallow bowl and coarse salt or sugar in another shallow bowl. Dip the edge of the glass into the water followed by the salt.
This recipe is KILLER! I made it for my girlfriend’s birthday and everyone was handing me compliments left and right. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was sweet and sour and overall delicious. tree service denver
Oh my goodness strawberries are my favorite! Having it become a drink I can enjoy in my alone time is gonna be a treat! aluminum fence miami
Absolutely delectable to say the least. I’m looking forward to making and then trying it. Keep up the good work! Retractable Awnings Brooklyn
What a lovely drink! It definitely makes my to make list! Thanks for posting this! concrete contractors brooklyn ny
I could drink a pitcher all to myself! This margarita rocks! I think the frozen strawberries help make it the perfect slushie-like drink. My blender works better if you put the liquids in first and then the ice. Concrete Contractors Colorado Springs Co
I could drink a pitcher all to myself! This margarita rocks! I think the frozen strawberries help make it the perfect slushie like drink.
So glad you guys loved this!