Ditch the chips for these fajita nachos! Use mini bell peppers in place of tortilla chips and top them with all your favorite nacho fixings!
Cutest Fajita Nachos
How cute are these nachos? We’ve been all about using veggies instead of chips at Fit Foodie Finds:
We love using veggies in place of chips in order to get that extra boost of nutrition while eating our favorite foods. There’s truly nothing better than nachos and we know you’re going to love these fajita nachos!
PS: check out our Mexican Ground Beef Skillet for one of our most popular ground beef recipes.
- Ground beef: we used ground beef for the meat, but ground chicken and turkey work too!
- Mini bell peppers: mini bell peppers are used for the “chips.” You could also use normal bell peppers and slice them into chips.
- Spices: we used our favorite taco spices. Heck, you could use our homemade taco seasoning if you wanted or even store-bought.
- Onion: onion is added to the meat for some extra texture and more veg.
- Cheese: all the cheese is sprinkled on top!
Simple Avocado Crema
We came up with a yummy avocado crema on top to really make these a delicious meal.
You’ll need to round up avocado, lime juice, Greek yogurt, water, and salt. Place everything in a food processor (or use an immersion blender) to blend it all together until it forms a thick crema.
Why you’ll love it!
- Easy to prepare
Don’t forget to have fun with your toppings. We made a delicious avocado crema, but the options are endless! You could use:
- Greek yogurt
- more cheese
For the Nachos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons green chiles canned
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. mini bell peppers halved
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large white onion finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro minced
For the Avocado Crema
- 1 ripe large avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1-4 tablespoons water depending on how thick you want the crema
- pinch of salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare meat by heating a large pan to medium/high heat. Add meat, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, maple syrup, green chiles and salt and sauté until meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare your mini bell pepper “chips” by cutting the tops off. Then half each one and clean out the inside.
- Place peppers on baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Then, stuff with cooked meat. Sprinkle on white onion and cheese and place in oven.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- While the nachos are baking, prepare avocado crema by blending together all ingredients. The more water you add the thinner it will become, just depends on your preference!
- Serve nachos with avocado crema and fresh cilantro.