Give the classic grilled corn on the cob a major makeover with our Mediterranean Grilled Street Corn. This deliciousness is topped with feta cheese and fresh basil.
Street Corn Rules!
Woahhhhhh is right! Every corn on the cob needs to look like this corn on the cob…grilled and then smothered with good stuff on top. Have you ever had Grilled Mexican Street Corn? This is its brother…Mediterranean Grilled Street Corn.
To me, street corn is rubbed with all kinds of spices and then topped with lots of cheese and herbs. You follow that basic recipe for grilled street corn and I guarantee you that you’ll be eating corn like a champion every time.
Knee High by the 4th of July
Corn is such a nostalgic food for me because it’s something that we can actually grow up here in the North. You know what they say, “knee high by the 4th of July.” It’s symbolic for hot summer days, bare feet, and State fair. Mark and I were just talking the other day how our soccer teams used to run the corn stand at the Wisconsin State Fair to raise money for our teams.
I found out that Mark once ate 12 ears of corn in a single day when he was 14. My reaction? CORN POOPS FOR DAYS. I’m not even sure how his stomach processed all of that sweet corn. Why do you think you get corn poops? BECAUSE YOUR STOMACH DOESN’T PROCESS CORN. LOL.
Anyways, he’s going to kill me if he reads this, but I think it’s hilarious. My only claim to fame about the State Fair is that I once drank 3 cups of strawberry milk…which is a lot of milk for me! Nothing compared to the 12 ears of corn.
More Corn Recipes
How to Make Grilled Street Corn
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 oz. feta cheese (block)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- Preheat grill or oven to 400ºF.
- Place olive oil, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper into a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Prep ears of corn by shucking and then generously rub with the olive oil seasoning.
- Once seasoned, wrap corn in tin foil and seal tightly.
- Place aluminum foil pack on the grill directly on the flames for around 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix together feta and Greek yogurt until you’ve formed a paste.
- Then, top grilled corn with the feta/Greek yogurt topping with a sprinkle of fresh oregano and fresh basil along with some red onion.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 ear of corn Calories: 278 Sugar: 11 Sodium: 245 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 36 Fiber: 5 Protein: 9
Keywords: grilled street corn