This grilled corn on the cob isn’t your average summertime side. Spice up this recipe with olive oil and parmesan cheese for the most flavorful, EASY summertime corn on the cob that can be made right on your grill!
If you are anything like me, you love grilled corn. Growing up in the midwest has given me the luxury of living near hundreds of farm fields filled with this knee-high love every summer.
There’s nothing better than the Minnesota State Fair’s roasted corn stand. A little dip of butter and some salt. Ohh baby. Speaking of the state fair, growing up that was one of my summer jobs! I’d help run the Wisconsin State Fair’s apparel booth. Fun stuff.
For this recipe, I wanted to get a little bit more creative than the classic butter + salt combo. Insert —> EVOO + parmesan cheese + basil. YUM.
Grilled Corn on the Cob Must-Haves
It’s so easy to make and I almost guarantee that you have all of these ingredients in your kitchen already! You’ll for sure need a piece of tin foil, so that you can wrap your corn and seal in some moisture as it’s cooking on the grill. It only takes 5 minutes to prep and you’re on your way to corn on the cob heaven. And no matter how you’re planning to season your grilled corn on the cob, here are a few of our other grilling must-haves:
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- A go-to pair of tongs
- A great grill (we use this one all summer long!)
- Tin foil!
And while we’re at it, here are some of our favorite grilling recipes that utilize tin foil to make it easy-peasy to grill anything to perfection.
Fit Foodie Finds Foil Pack Grilling Recipes
- Foil Pack Peach Crumble on the Grill
- Foil Pack Salmon with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Mediterranean Street Corn with Feta Cheese
- Foil Pack Grilled Red Potatoes
- Balsamic Brussel Sprouts on the Grill
Olive Oil Parmesan Grilled Corn
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400ºF.
- Prep corn by shucking and placing all 4 on a large piece of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make your Olive Oil Parmesan mixture by mixing together grated parmesan, EVOO, dried basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Next, dress up your corn by rubbing them down with your marinade. Wrap the corn in your aluminum foil, so that they can properly steam/cook on the grill.
- Place aluminum foil pack on grill for around 30-35 minutes, or until the corn is cooked all the way through.
ENJOY!! And don’t forget to check out:
Uou! I’ve been looking for a recipe for grilled corn for a long time, i going to taste it right now, sounds yummy!
Great beginner recipe when trying to get my family to open their minds to other types of grilled corn Vs. the same old butter , salt …
This corn on the cob was a delightful and tasty treat. I followed your directions explicitly, but I let the ears of corn marinate in the oil parmesan mixture for 1/2 hr after rubbing the mixture initially on each ear of corn. Oh my goodness, tasty and divinely succulent. This is a forever keeper.
So glad you loved this recipe!
This looks SO good!!!
Forgive me but what is EVOO?
This looks amazing- can’t wait to try it as soon as our Jersey corn is ready
could this be done in the oven?
I don’t see why not!
Go eat that DQ cake you showed off on the snap.
I did 😛 DQ cake is tha best.
Eh, don’t really like corn. Think this’ll change my mind? 😉
omgggg I love it! But I think growing up in the midwest, you have to love it!
Yummm. This looks like the ultimate summer side!
This looks so good! Grilled corn is always so delicious.
It’s my favvvv!
Shoot! My last comment posted too early. Silly phone 😉 I was trying to say, this looks like the perfect BBQ companion! Pinned!
Technology. Thanks for pinning!
YUM!! Parm and corn are definitely a match made in heaven. The
I love grilled corn! We often have it as a bbq side.