Looking for a simple cold salad that doubles as relish and triples as a dip? Make our black bean corn salad. It’s made with fresh ingredients cilantro, jalapeño, cotija cheese, and lime juice.
If this doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what does. Seriously, I’m salivating thinking about eating this black bean and corn salad paired next to cilantro lime chicken and a homemade grapefruit margarita. I’m a total Mexican flavors lover and this cold salad does it right and ONLY uses fresh ingredients! That’s right, there are no store-bought spices involved, just fresh herbs, lime, and all the veggies.
Black Bean Corn Salad Ingredients
- black beans
- cotija cheese
- apple cider vinegar
If any other fresh veggies or protein are screaming your name, feel free to get creative with this salad and add what you have! Bell pepper, shredded chicken, or any other bean would be delish in this!
Health Benefits of Black Bean Corn Salad
Instead of teaching you how to make this salad (because you literally just mix everything together in a bowl), I’m going to tell you why you should make this salad.
- Black beans are high in fiber and give this salad great “meaty” texture.
- Fresh cilantro is great for balancing blood sugar and gives this salad that fresh Mexican flavor you love.
- Lime juice is great for digestion and is also an immune-boosting fruit.
- Diced jalapeños not only give this black bean and corn salad a hefty spice kick, but they’re also a great source of fiber and vitamin c.
Black Bean Corn Salad Pairings
Since this is a Mexican-themed salad, I thought I would share some other dishes that pair quite nicely with this yummy salad on the side.
- Mexican Juicy Lucys
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Carnitas
- Sous Vide Chicken Breast
- Beer Can Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Mexican-Inspired Salad Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Mason Jar Tex Mex Salad
- Southwestern Black Bean Couscous Salad
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Season with more lime juice and salt, to taste.
Tips & Notes
Storage: store in an air-tight glass container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 152 Sugar: 5 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 6 Protein: 8
Keywords: black bean corn salad