All those hummus flavors you love with a lemon garlic twist! Learn How to Make Hummus and get ready for all your dip dreams to come true.
How to Make Hummus
This lemon garlic hummus is made in 3 simple steps and takes only 5 minutes! Making your own hummus could not be easier — or more delicious!
- 1 15-oz. can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of unsalted tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of water (start with 3 tablespoons, and you may need more later if your hummus is too thick! We’ll get to this.)
Everything into a Food Processor
Place all ingredients for your hummus into a high-speed food processor — seriously, ALL the ingredients.
Then, process on high for 1-2 minutes, or until the hummus is smooth.
Get the Perfect Consistency
Ok, now comes the time to perfect your hummus consistency. Add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water depending on the texture of your hummus. It should be smooth and easily dippable once the desired consistency is reached.
Whip up a delicious (but totally optional!) topping for this lemon garlic hummus using only olive oil and chopped fresh basil. Stir together, and drizzle over your bowl of hummus to fancy it up a bit, and add a delicious punch of flavor.
How to Eat Hummus
Hummus is most commonly enjoyed as a dip! And trust us, pretty much anything can be a vessel for getting this delicious lemon garlic hummus into your mouth. From pita chips to crackers to sliced veggies or cheese, you really can’t go wrong with hummus as a dip!
Hummus is a perfect base for a pasta sauce! Simply fold hummus into your pasta as a healthy alternative to a creamy sauce.
Forget the mayo and mustard and use hummus as a condiment for your next sandwich! We love using hummus as a sandwich or wrap spread. It gives any sammie amazing flavor and texture!
Looking for ways to jazz up your salad dressing? Whisk a little bit of hummus into your next salad dressing to thicken it up and to add great flavor! Or simply thin out hummus with a little olive oil and vinegar, and BAM — salad dressing.
How to Store Hummus
Store this hummus in an air-tight container in the fridge, and it will keep well for up to 5 days.
More Hummus Recipes
Lemon Garlic Hummus
All those hummus flavors you love with a lemon garlic twist! Make this healthy lemon garlic hummus and get ready for all your dip dreams to come true.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water*
Optional Herby Topping
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place all ingredients for your hummus into a high-speed food processor.
- Then, process on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Option to add 1 or 2 more tablespoons of water depending on the texture of your hummus. It should be smooth and easily dippable.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- water: option to add more water as needed in order to thin out the hummus.
- This recipe was slightly updated on February 19, 2020.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 27
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 6