Meal prep is a dream with this amazingly colorful Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipe! This vegan meal is packed with delicious plant-based ingredients like roasted sweet potato, quinoa tabouli, and a homemade hummus making it high in protein and fiber!
We <3 Bowl Recipes
It’s that time of year to pack in as many plants as possible! We love this Mediterranean Buddha Bowl recipe so much because it’s made with all of our favorite things including the most amazing tabouli recipe, roasted sweet potatoes, and homemade hummus.
If you know anything about Fit Foodie Finds you know that we’re obsessed with taking flavors from a certain cuisine and turning it into a meal prep bowl of sorts. We’ve got out Thai Coconut Quinoa Bowls, Kung Pao Quinoa Bowls, and Tofu Quinoa Burrito Bowls just to name a few. This recipe is no different! We’re mixing together some of our favorite Mediterranean flavors all into one epic dish!
Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowls
Buddha bowls are totally my thing. I love that they make my lunches during the week a breeze, especially if I’m not working from home that day. Instead of freaking out about having to spend money on eating out, I can simply take an hour or two to prep a buddha recipe or two to last me the entire week!
This Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowl is such a great recipe to make for meal prep because it’s delicious eaten cold or hot, meaning you can package your bowls up immediately out into single portions! Here’s what this vegan buddha bowl is made from:
If you haven’t tried our Quinoa Tabouli recipe yet..man you are missing out! Tabouli is a classic Mediterranean side dish and we gave ours a bit of a Fit Foodie twist! We added quinoa, finely chopped arugula, and the most delicious lemon vinaigrette dressing on this planet!
Quinoa Tabouli is great for detoxification because of the number of fresh herbs used and also has a good amount of protein thanks to the quinoa!
Roasted Sweet Potato
I guess you can call the roasted sweet potato the meat of this buddha bowl recipe! In my opinion, all buddha bowls deserve to have some kind of sweet potato in them and roasting them is by far my favorite way to eat them. We kept the flavors simple with garlic, salt, and pepper!
Easy Homemade Hummus
If you’ve never made homemade hummus, you’re missing out! Hummus is made from a base of garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt! If you’re lazy, no worries…you can swap this homemade hummus out for your favorite store-bought version. Either way, don’t leave it out because this vegan buddha bowl could use the extra fiber and protein!
Now that you know the basics of this recipe, it’s time to mash them all together to create your amazing Mediterranean-inspired vegan buddha bowl recipe. It’ll keep you fueled all week long!
More Vegan Buddha Bowl Recipes
Looking for more buddha bowl recipe inspiration? Here are some delicious, plant-based ones from FFF!
- Kung Pao Quinoa Bowls
- Sheet Pan Meal-Prep Tofu Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Roasted Brussels Sprout Polenta Bowls
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala Recipe
Mediterranean Vegan Buddha Bowls
- Head over to our Quinoa Tabouli Post for the whole recipe!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1-inch squares
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare quinoa tabouli and place in the refrigerator for later.
- Next, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with minced garlic, salt, and pepper and toss with your hands.
- Place sweet potatoes in oven and roast at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare your hummus. Place all ingredients for the hummus in a high powered food processor. Blend until smooth.* Set aside.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven.
- Evenly distribute sweet potatoes, quinoa tabouli, and hummus in between bowls or meal prep containers. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
5 Ingredients – 4 Vegan Meal Prep Ideas
We took 5 basic vegan ingredients that you likely have on hand at all times and made 4 different vegan peal prep recipes! Each recipe uses all 5 ingredients (sweet potato, onion, garlic, garbanzo beans, and quinoa) plus a few other basic add-ins for 4 completely different vegan meal prep ideas.