Need a simple and delicious side dish? This Quinoa Tabouli Recipe is great for lunch, dinner, and everything in between. It is one of our favorite vegan salad recipes made with fresh ingredients. Make it for meal prep this week.
Easy Tabouli Salad
Who doesn’t love a salad that is full of flavor, protein, and is so easy to make? This easy quinoa tabouli salad is a spin off of a classic tabouli with a Fit Foodie twist. Make it for a side dish for dinner or eat it for lunch all day long.
why we love it
- It has all the elements of a traditional tabouli salad with an add in of quinoa for protein.
- This salad is a vegetarian and vegan side dish or meal prep option for the week.
- You can make this quinoa tabouli your own by adding in different vegetables and herbs.
Tabouli is traditionally a combination of parsley, mint, onion, cucumber, and bulgar. Tabouli recipes are typically dressed with some kind of olive oil and lemon dressing with a dusting of salt and pepper.
How to Make Quinoa Tabouli
- Prepare the quinoa. We highly suggest making your quinoa ahead of time and letting it completely cool before adding it to your quinoa tabouli. You can make quinoa in the Instant Pot, on the stove top, or in the microwave.
- After your quinoa is ready, add the fresh parsley, arugula, tomatoes, and red onion to the cooled quinoa and toss.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the quinoa tabouli dressing together until combined. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until all of the ingredients are covered with dressing.
Here’s a tip
Want to add a little salty bite to your quinoa tabouli? If you want to elevate this recipe go ahead and add about 1/3 cup of crumbled feta to your quinoa tabouli. It will add a nice creamy taste to every bite.
Quinoa Tabouli Tips + Tricks
This tabouli salad recipe has been made multiple times in each household on Team Fit Foodie. To say we like this recipe is an understatement. We love this tabouli recipe because it is so versatile and you can really make it your own in so many ways.
- If you don’t have arugula, finely chopped massaged kale is perfect in this recipe too.
- No tomatoes? No problem! Try using radishes and fennel for some extra crunch and flavor.
- In our house, we have added shredded chicken, but if you want to keep this a vegan salad recipes, try adding chickpeas for some extra protein.
Long story short, this tabouli salad is one of our go-to salads right now and if you’re looking for a healthy recipe to make for guests or for a healthy weeknight dinner, this quinoa salad is perfect!
join the fit foodie cooking club on facebook!
Join in on the Fit Foodie Facebook fun and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your cooking creations and make new like-minded friends online.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (here’s how to make it in the Instant Pot!)
- 1 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients for the tabouli in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Then, add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and cover. Shake dressing until on ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over tabouli and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 240 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 98 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 3 Protein: 6
Keywords: quinoa, salad, tabouli recipe