Need a simple and delicious side dish? This Quinoa Tabouli Recipe is great for lunch, dinner, and everything in between. It is one of our favorite vegan salad recipes made with fresh ingredients! Make it for meal prep this week!
Why Tabouli Salad?
I have always been an adventurous eater. It was a rule in my house that you had to try everything at least three times before you decided you didn’t like it. And? My brother and my fearless nature with food is one of the reasons our Uncles took us to Hong Kong when we were only ten and twelve years old. My love for foods from all parts of the world was born on that trip.
Savory food is my jam and even more, I love Mediterranean food. I love green, fresh, and veggie filled ingredients that incorporate lots of olive oil. This tabouli recipe was created when we were brainstorming vegan salad recipes for the month of January. We needed a deliciously healthy side dish for a Mediterranean bowl and a tabouli recipe seemed like an obvious choice.
What is Tabouli Salad?
A Tabouli salad recipe is traditionally a combination of parsley, mint, onion, cucumber, and bulgar. Tabouli recipes are typically dressed with some kind of olive oil and lemon dressing with a dusting of salt and pepper. We set out to develop a Fit Foodie Finds version of tabouli. Different herbs and vegetables were used in the process. In the end, his Quinoa Tabouli recipe was born and WE LOVE IT.
Quinoa Tabouli Salad- We are seriously obsessed
This tabouli salad recipe has been made multiple times in each household on Team Fit Foodie. To say we like this recipe is an understatement. We love this tabouli recipe because it is so versatile and you can really make it your own in so many ways.
- If you don’t have arugula, finely chopped massaged kale is perfect in this recipe too.
- No tomatoes? No problem! Try using radishes and fennel for some extra crunch and flavor.
- In our house, we have added shredded chicken, but if you want to keep this a vegan salad recipes, try adding chickpeas for some extra protein.
Long story short, this tabouli salad is one of our go-to salads right now and if you’re looking for a healthy recipe to make for guests or for a healthy weeknight dinner, this quinoa salad is perfect!
Recipes to serve with this Tabouli Recipe
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken
- Healthy Rosemary and Thyme Balsamic Meatballs
- Lasagna Zucchini Casserole
- Beer Can Chicken
- Instant Pot Korean Beef
- Butternut Squash Buddha Bowl
- Healthy Hummus Recipes
- 30-Minute Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
Vegan Salad Recipes
- Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad with Quinoa
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Golden Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (here’s how to make it in the Instant Pot!)
- 1 cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients for the tabouli in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Then, add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and cover. Shake dressing until on ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over tabouli and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 240 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 98 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 3 Protein: 6
Keywords: quinoa, salad, tabouli recipe