Love quinoa, but the lack of stove, or the cook time holding you back? Cook your quinoa in the microwave in just 8 minutes! All you need is quinoa, water, a microwave safe bowl, and a lid!
Ahhhhhhhhh if only I would have known this trick in college…..my life in the dorm room would have been complete! I could have steamed my veggies and had it over quinoa :P. But seriously- this how to cook quinoa in the microwave will save your life during busy weeks! It is the EASIEST and (least messy) way to cook quinoa!
I’m super excited to announce a new FFF partnership today with Ancient Harvest Quinoa! Remember when I participated in their cook-off a few months back? Yah, I still dream about that Jalapeño Bacon Quinoa Mac on a daily basis. Quinoa is one of those ingredients that I’ve been sharing recipes for since day 1 on FFF. Actually- my first “viral” blog post is called 10 Healthy Quinoa Recipes, and 3 years later, I’m still quinoa strong :P
So this recipe is SUPER SIMPLE. You don’t have to be a magnificent chef to get PERFECTLY cooked quinoa. Heck, you don’t even need a stove to get perfectly cooked quinoa!
What you need to cook quinoa in the microwave..
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa (any color) <– I used Inca Red
- Microwave Safe Bowl (I used a very large Pyrex Measuring Cup)
- Microwave Safe Top/Dish (I used a plate!)
Then all you need to do is microwave (covered), stir, microwave more, and let steam!
How to Cook Quinoa in the Microwave
Prep your lunch or dinner for the entire week with these Healthy Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken Bowls
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Quinoa (any color), rinsed
- 2 cups water (or vegetable/chicken broth <—savory)
- First, begin by rinsing your quinoa under warm water to remove residue.
- Then, place in a microwave-safe bowl or container and add in 2 cups of water. Cover with a lid (I used a plate) and cook quinoa for 6 minutes. Remove and stir. At this point, more than half the water should be absorbed. Place back in the microwave for about 2 more minutes. Then, let sit covered for an additional 5-10 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: ~ 1 cup cooked
- Calories: 636
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 36
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 117
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 22
I know you guys love quinoa as much as I do because the quinoa recipes on FFF are some of the most popular, so get ready for a bajillion and one quinoa recipes coming your way! For now, get inspired and make one of these lovely quinoa casserole recipes!
Get a $1 using Ancient Harvest’s coupon HERE.
This post is sponsored by Ancient Harvest Quinoa. I was compensated and all opinions are my own.